Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife's early anniversary present!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 AM
BRKFLHX
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore
We've been together for 4 years and she's always been behind me and saying how much she really wants to learn to ride and she's tearin it up lemme tell ya!
When she's road worthy for distance I'll buy her a Dyna or something bigger and she can help pack **** to Sturgis instead of trying to overload my bike.
But trust me if you do get her one she'll be the happiest woman you've ever seen and she might do things to to you that would frighten fish!
Yeah I will admit I have been very hesitant to get her a bike. For some reason I just cannot get over this feeling of nervousness. I have this weird paranoia that I can't overcome. We have a 7 year-old daughter and a 1 year-old son and would feel awful if something would happen. I need to cure myself of this selfish behavior. I trust her riding ability, but it's those around that worry me.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Gay Rider
Banned

I totally understand I too have the same dilemma but she is resolute and we have 6 kids all together.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:06 AM
BRKFLHX
Advanced

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore
I totally understand I too have the same dilemma but she is resolute and we have 6 kids all together.
It may be getting close to a point where I come home and to my surprise find another bike in the garage.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Gay Rider
Banned

I wasn't too worried about another bike but I KNEW she wanted one badly.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Kman Harley
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aaron48
My only suggestion some taller bars...not apes but some thing to reduce the reach, she is leaning way forward.
I was thinking the same thing but she also has her arms bent quite a bit so she's leaning she is leaning more forward than she needs to. Might have to do with her learning maybe. With her arms strait she'd get quite a bit more upright than she is in the pic.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Sammy1200N
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Windshield makes a big differrence if she is having issues with speed. Yes, changes the looks but makes a much more comfortable ride. I'd think she'll be more comfortable with different bars. I've got 8" chubby's and they are super comfortable for me (I'm 5'7") I have forward controls and that helps with comfort/riding position as well. She'll likely want a different seat that is more comfortable. Stock seat has about 50 miles in it before your butt is killing you. I had Mean City put a gel pad in mine (and new ostrich cover!) and I can do 400 miles a day.
Tell her to check out the Queens of the Road Forum on here. Just for us Girls!! And congrats to her on the new ride.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Gay Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by Sammy1200N
Windshield makes a big differrence if she is having issues with speed. Yes, changes the looks but makes a much more comfortable ride. I'd think she'll be more comfortable with different bars. I've got 8" chubby's and they are super comfortable for me (I'm 5'7") I have forward controls and that helps with comfort/riding position as well. She'll likely want a different seat that is more comfortable. Stock seat has about 50 miles in it before your butt is killing you. I had Mean City put a gel pad in mine (and new ostrich cover!) and I can do 400 miles a day.
Tell her to check out the Queens of the Road Forum on here. Just for us Girls!! And congrats to her on the new ride.
Hey Sammy I'll definitely have her check out the Queens of the Road Forum fo sho!

Also she's 5' 3" so she needs all the help she can get!:-)