Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What features to have on saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:29 AM
hondofiero-Leather Pro
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elkhunter719
So anything going on with this? Or is thread (and these bags) DOA?
No, they are not DOA. I just sent our advertisement copy to the forum this morning. Hopefully we will be a sponsor later today and can start advertising prices. We already have some inventory made up and are building more.

Hondo

Old 07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
CJDuncan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hondofiero
No, they are not DOA. I just sent our advertisement copy to the forum this morning. Hopefully we will be a sponsor later today and can start advertising prices. We already have some inventory made up and are building more.

Hondo
Congrats and best of luck with these.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 PM
hondofiero-Leather Pro
Intermediate

Well we are now an official sponsor of hdforums. Along with sponsorship, I have a new user name - LeatherPro. I will fill you in with my next post under the new name.

Garry

Old 07-19-2011, 11:51 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Now that we are an official sponsor here on the forum, we can start taking care of business. First off I want to thank all of you who participated in this thread, your input has been very much appreciated.

The name we are going to use for this line of saddlebags is "Cinch on Bags". We are going to add a page to our website for this line soon but we are very busy with our other bags right now. We shipped out 21 pair in the last two days, mainly to dealers getting ready for Sturgis. We are also building the new bags and have some of them in stock now and are working on the installation instructions. Should have them done by the weekend. We also are waiting on the secondary small brackets that are needed if you don't have detachable sideplates. In other words, if you have detachable sideplates, we can ship in a few days, if not, it will be a little longer depending on how busy we are.

The bags we have in stock right now are these

and these

Both are made of our premium leather and are basically built the same as our Leather Pros bags but with the cinch on bracket. Prices are $489 for the smaller bag (bottom photo) and $499 for the big bag (top photo). As a show of thanks, we are giving 20% off to all forum members who posted in this thread. you can pm me or call me at 800-208-2887.

Thanks again,
Garry

Old 07-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Deacon Dan
Advanced

Great looking project.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:01 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey all,

Do yourself a favor, stay away from Harley Davidson hard leather saddle bags for sportster. they are expensive small, plastic parts around locks are cheap, not UV rated and are a constant maintenance item. They do mount easily (bolted) and lock but the other options seen here put HD to shame.

Will Harley ever read and relate to this? probably not, too busy trying to stay afloat, their steelerships don't help, government taxes, EPA etc pounding on them yet they need to check why everyone else is selling bags and they are not?

Old 08-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Twiste
Cruiser

Not sure if your still looking for idea's but here goes anyway. First I hate big bulky saddle bags, my idea is a set of bags that's collapsible by 2 different degree's.... One is large and can contain a bunch of stuff for travel, next is med to small and is good for every day a book, laptop or whatever ya need when ya run down the street or go to work........3rd pulls as small as possible so it carries itself as close to the bike as possible. Some of these saddle bags I see just remind me of large man purse's. I ride my bike everyday, it is my mode of transportation. I ride to work or to the store if I can fit it in to a back pack. If its light rain I'm still on my bike. The great thing about a Sportster is that is not cluttered up like the big sofa's. The ability be able to carry stuff and not have the saddle bags look full all the time would be great. Some sort of security and or a false bottom would be good too, Like I said I ride to work and can't bring bags in so the ability to have it locked up well or hidden would be great. Personally I don't care about what its made with along as it doesn't look cheap. Thanks and sorry for goin on so much LOL sometime I just go on.

Peace and hope this helps a bit.

Last edited by Twiste; 08-01-2011 at 08:13 PM.