Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just ordered key & coil relocation kit from DK customs

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered key & coil relocation kit from DK customs

I'm excited, can't wait to get them in and put them on! Oh yeah there's a tank lift in there too.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

sweet, how much was the kit? Dude, my bike is going to look jjust like yours! haha, I need to post some pics, I drilled the bars, and installed them, they look pretty good, I have mine with the angle pointing more toward the ground as opposed to yours. I also removed the front fender and relocated the turn signals. But the damn signals on my bike have the wires coming out of a differnt hole, so the turnsignal wires are all exposed, looks lame....anyhow good luck with the install.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM
poisonthesteve
Tourer

word thanks dude. i totally forgot to take the pics of my bike with the drilled holes in the bars for you man. so my bad on that one. but sounds like you figured it out anyways. hopefully i can do the install myself, i'm not the most mechanically inclined person, but i'm not terrible either.

the coil relocation was like 70 bucks and the ignition relocation was like 15, the tank lift came with the coil kit. overall with shipping i spent a little over a hundred bucks.

I think next on my agenda needs to be some sort of speedo relocation.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:52 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

yea same here. I contacted DK, but they dont make a relocation kit for my bike, (2 plugs per cylinder) so that sucks.....does your speed mount to your dummy lights? or are they two completely different pieces? My speed and tach mount to the dummy lights, so its all one piece. It will take some major cutting/grinding to mount the lights up top and move the speedo next to the tank.....

Old 10-20-2011, 04:48 PM
sickboy949
Tourer

I made my own tank lift but got the dk coil key after relocating and lifting tank and hiding wires under tank and removing plastic housing it's one of my fav mods makes bike look so much better I'm sure yer gunna love it. And emporer worm my friend had same prob we stuck his coil under tank after 3 " lift and moved key right next to batt box

Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sickboy949
I made my own tank lift but got the dk coil key after relocating and lifting tank and hiding wires under tank and removing plastic housing it's one of my fav mods makes bike look so much better I'm sure yer gunna love it. And emporer worm my friend had same prob we stuck his coil under tank after 3 " lift and moved key right next to batt box
Really? he has the 2 plugs per cylinder as well? Do you think you could sent me pictures of it? was it a kit that he bought or did you just fab something up? Let me know, Thanks.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
carilliterate
Cruiser

Not bashing DK but I did my whole relocation for less than $70 I do however like there tank lift setup.

I bought actual harley bracket (1200c engine mount) $32, screaming eagle rocker C 10mm plug wires $21, and u-bolts to use the solid piece of flat steel for my nearly 1.5" tank lift along with misc hardware $10+/-.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

DKs kit is much cleaner than anything I could have fabed up myself.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:14 PM
sickboy949
Tourer

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
Really? he has the 2 plugs per cylinder as well? Do you think you could sent me pictures of it? was it a kit that he bought or did you just fab something up? Let me know, Thanks.

We took my old coil bracket cutt it relocated his key right buy batt cover . And put homemade 3" tank lift then we took coil turned it sideways wires facing plugs zip tied it to front of frame and cover it with tank. I'll ask him to send me pics

Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 PM
sickboy949
Tourer

Quick Reply: just ordered key & coil relocation kit from DK customs