Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More seat opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Black Bettie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More seat opinions

Ok fellas, tax time is here and spring is slowly creeping up on us here in the midwest. Time to buckle down and finally get the seat I should have to begin with, only problem is Im stuck between 2! Bike is a 2013 iron, ridden daily and 5-6 days a week 2 up with my lady. Currently have the HD badlander and Im stuck between the HD sundowner and a LePera Maverick. Anyone have any insight on either of these two seats to chime in on? I need a little more back support and my fiance needs way more butt support than the badlander will ever have to offer. Im also up to other options if you want to throw them out there. Id like to keep the budget under 400 for the seat. Thanks!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

I have the Maverick on my sporty and love it. It is a firmer seat though so it depends on what you and your lady prefer. A buddy of mine has the sundowner and it appears to be a comfortable seat (never put any miles on it personally though) and is a softer seat than the Maverick. I prefer a firm seat and my wife likes a softer one so it gets to be hard sometimes finding a happy medium.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:39 AM
Black Bettie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Uncle Chester, I think we both want a bit of a softer sided seat. I like the looks of the maverick, but if its a firmer seat, I dont think it would be the one for us. I wish our local dealer had more seats in stock that I could feel before purchasing. All they have are they sprung solos, a rally runner and the badlander I already have.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM
RickRock
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sundowner is a little scooped out for rider. So you will get some lower back support. The passenger's padding is pretty thick; which actually contributes more height for your back support. I "settled" on this seat after trying two other 2-up styles. Comfort rules IMO. Can't see much of any seat you choose; when you are sitting on it. . Only minor point: wish it were covered in faux or real leather-(ish) something. That's only an excuse to get that done later, if desired, I guess. Feels wonderful and was a Huge improvement.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:38 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

I bought a c&c sport tour 2 up seat a while back. Didn't get much time on it before jack frost came rolling into town but I am definitely happy with fitment and how it felt so far. More time to break it in and I am sure it will be even better. All seats are going to take some ride time to break in so initial judgment is irrellavent until some time on the saddle has went by.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:53 PM
parrishbjj
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I've not experienced those other seats but I have the Mustang Vintage Wide solo and passenger seat. Ive really enjoyed this seat. Super comfortable. I recently bought a RSD cafe seat, also made by mustang and again its really comfortable. Just another option to think about. Annnnd.... if you do happen to want to go that route, I just happen to be selling my mustang seats. If you take the set, it is $300 plus shipping. Pics are in the for sale section.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Jester 08 Nightster
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running a Sundowner. I had the rider spot modified by MeanCityCycles to lower the riding position because it raised my up a lot compared to my stock seat. Plus I felt like I was sliding down the seat, not enough dish in the seat. I love the seat now, and as far as 2up, my wife would shoot me if I asked her to sit on anything but the sundowner.