Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Uncomfortable Seat EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:22 AM
funbikerchick
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Uncomfortable Seat EVER!

I just bought an HD Reach seat figuring I could get a little more bend in my leg when sitting on the bike. I rode on it for the first time today. Not a great distance, maybe 15 miles. It was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever had!

Has anyone else ever had a reach seat? Will it get more comfortable as it breaks in or should I start looking for something else? I need to be close to the ground because I have short legs.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:33 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Most Uncomfortable Seat EVER!

The seat will not get better, you may get used to the pain, but that is not better. I have a Sundowner but it raises me up about 1" will not help you. I would suggest a gel padded seat. Lepera makes one. You get the padding without the additonal height. For a guy, 5' 8" I'm short so I can understand you not wanting to get any higher on the bike.

Mike

Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Check out a saddleman seat.. Gel . awesome.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

and i agree. It will get no better. Pain. pain and more pain .

Old 05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
MNrider
Tourer

What kind of pain? I ordered one last night, now i'm worried I won't like it.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

reach seat suck unless they are custom made from C&C seats a forum sponser... hit them up...lower the bike...that is the way to roll have your tried stir ups? they are where it is at!!! i love mine!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:36 AM
ksscooter
Cruiser

When I bought my FXDL it came with a Mustang seat that was so wide my hip joints would shoot pain when I came to a stop. It was so cushyI didn't feel connected to the bike.Jeez I hated it.I replaced it with a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady and I can rideall day in complete comfort. Coming back from Wyoming a couple years ago I put ina 16 hour day and my butt never complained. It is nice and firm so you can move around on it and keep from getting saddle sore.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:11 PM
RMBLON
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might try a gel insert. you can buy one and take it to a upholster and he will cut away some of the padding and put the pad in, that way you won't lose what you bought the seat for but should be more comfortable. Seen them at Daytona, sorry not sure of the name, something like "Pro Pad". Side note on uncomfortable seats, try sitting on a Rocker C OUCH!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:48 PM
towboattrash34
Banned

i love my deep bucket sundowner,but i'm fixing to get a corbin with driver backrest...i wish the sundowner had a driver back rest that fit my bike cause i just love it.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

F-B-C;
I picked up a Reach seat thru ebay, for the same reason as you. I'm glad I got it for under $60, since I'd'a been really P-O'd if I'd paid retail for it. I've had mine on for a few weeks now; wanted to give it a real chance instead of pulling it off after the first ride. Based on your UserID, I will guessthat your main issue with it is NOTthat it forces you to drape your Ba--s over the tail of the tank like it does me! While I do like the shorter reach to the FWD's of my '06 Wide, I'll try some other options before I settle for the comfort compromises of the Reach. Two Saturdays ago, I made a 212-mile round trip with a 3-hr. break at the halfway point...really needed those 3-hrs. to get my brain wrapped around the idea ofanother two hour stint on the Reach. I ebay'd a Street Bob stock solo that I haven't tried yet. Also have heard good things about the Sundowner. The Mustangs and Corbins sound awesome, but I doubt I'll be finding any of those on ebay for the bargains I got on the SB & Reach. I guess the old saying, "Ya get what ya pay for" applies. I want to find the "right" seat before I go monkeying with the controls. Good luck finding the right foundation for yourriding comfort.
One other point; I didn't notice ANY improvement in the "flat-foot" aspect of the Reach. I put my stock seat back on before riding in to work tonight...thinking the Reach is gonna make another lap (or two?) around ebay in its near future.

Quick Reply: Most Uncomfortable Seat EVER!