The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Beaufort SC — More PGR Member Participation Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 04:54 PM
IOU
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beaufort SC — More PGR Member Participation Needed

More member participation at PGR missions is needed in the Beaufort, SC area (includes missions at the Beaufort National Cemetery). If you are in the "low country" area of SC and are thinking about joining the SC PGR or would like more information, see the sticky thread "Understanding the PGR", and/or go to the national website "https://www.patriotguard.org/", and/or consider attending a SC PGR meet and greet (the next one is the Midlands Meet & Greet being held Sat Oct 20, 1:00 PM at the Orangeburg County Military Museum, 210 Brodie St, Springfield SC (the old Springfield High School).

Old 06-18-2020, 02:07 AM
Rampant Piper
Novice

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Question about this... I may want to join this after I get back from my deployment, but I don't live near the low-country. Is the meet & greet in October also for the Midlands area (where I live)? I'm in Lexington County and could probably help out in Richland, Orangeburg, Saluda, Newberry, Calhoun, Sumter and Aiken Counties, but getting down to the low country is too far. Sorry to not being able to help your PGR mission, but it would be nice to get involved.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:08 AM
Rampant Piper
Novice

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

oops. I just realized this post is a couple years old. Sorry. I am new to the forums and need to take some baby steps.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:41 AM
BelchFire
Received 5,156 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Originally Posted by Rampant Piper
oops. I just realized this post is a couple years old. Sorry. I am new to the forums and need to take some baby steps.
No worries; there is no time limit on participation in the PGR. I don't ride over into SC often, but I'm sure they would be delighted to see you any time you can show up. NOTHING about the PGR is regional except the notifications. You and I would both be welcome at a Kentucky or South Dakota ride. Go for it; I know our veterans certainly deserve it. Thank you for your service and thank you for participating with the PGR, Rampant Piper.

The following 2 users liked this post by BelchFire:
sloufoot (06-19-2020), VAFish (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 04:04 AM
scott1973
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't mind doing it here in the midlands of SC for the Fort Jackson National Cemetery.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:15 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,121 Likes on 1,621 Posts

The default settings of infinite scroll and show like threads make it pretty easy to drag up old threads by mistake.

That being said, I'll bet the Beaufort SC area still needs more PGR participation. Probably more today than they did 2 years ago. I haven't seen any area that has too much PGR participation.

The following users liked this post:
sloufoot (06-20-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 03:20 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,121 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Question about this... I may want to join this after I get back from my deployment, but I don't live near the low-country. Is the meet & greet in October also for the Midlands area (where I live)? I'm in Lexington County and could probably help out in Richland, Orangeburg, Saluda, Newberry, Calhoun, Sumter and Aiken Counties, but getting down to the low country is too far. Sorry to not being able to help your PGR mission, but it would be nice to get involved.
Originally Posted by scott1973
I wouldn't mind doing it here in the midlands of SC for the Fort Jackson National Cemetery.

I don't know about SC, but PGR here in Virginia loves whatever participation you can give. Go to the national web site, sign up and get mission notifications, show up when you can, look for the ride captain (here in VA they wear maroon PGR ball caps) introduce yourself and tell them it's your first time.

I have heard that some states don't use the national system for mission notifications and use Facebook or some other method, so it might be worth checking around a bit in your area.

Old 06-20-2020, 04:36 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1973
If you get on the main site and sign up there, you can get ALL of the approved PGR missions for what ever area you need to cover.

That being said, some state captains also send out notifications. Also the ride captain for the area sometimes send out notifications just to be sure everyone in their area gets notified.

After you sign up you can find out the state captain for the area you need and then get in touch with that person and get on their list. They will also fill you in on their own practice for the missions. ie, flag, and other practices for their group. Some areas supply the flag and some you bring your own for the flag line. The bike flag is optional in most areas.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:27 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Never too late.

The following 2 users liked this post by Notgrownup:
5wheels (10-06-2020), VAFish (06-22-2020)