Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Morelli Injectors testing

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 10:51 PM
prolecs@hotmail.com
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morelli Injectors testing

I had a previous thread here about hard to start and sounding as if flooded when does start.
I've looked at all the known offenders - battery is good, plugs nearly new and don't seem all that wet but are showing some fuel moisture after cranking and failing to start, doesnt blow fuel with plugs removed after sitting for a while, all elec connections appear OK and tight.
Buggered if I know, I keep going back to crook injectors.
Can I remove injectors from Morelli manifold to get checked at local diesel injection centre. Local HD dealer here in Darwin Australia is trying to sell me complete injectors and manifold for 1997 Rking for $1600+ as part number not listed for injectors - sound like bullshit to me

Old 05-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by prolecs@hotmail.com
I had a previous thread here about hard to start and sounding as if flooded when does start.
I've looked at all the known offenders - battery is good, plugs nearly new and don't seem all that wet but are showing some fuel moisture after cranking and failing to start, doesnt blow fuel with plugs removed after sitting for a while, all elec connections appear OK and tight.
Buggered if I know, I keep going back to crook injectors.
Can I remove injectors from Morelli manifold to get checked at local diesel injection centre. Local HD dealer here in Darwin Australia is trying to sell me complete injectors and manifold for 1997 Rking for $1600+ as part number not listed for injectors - sound like bullshit to me
They're typical standard side-fed injectors. They're held in with a bracket and a torx head bolt. I couldn't find your other thread - wanted to see all the symptoms and what you have done.