Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant make up mind

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:23 PM
bored stiff
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant make up mind

I will be buying my first harley this spring and will be buying new. here is the dilemma. i cant choose between 3 bikes. the street glide, e-glide standard and the road glide. i know there are small differences between the three but none of them really jump out at me to make the decision. i know the e-glide standard is a little cheaper than the others so that is always a plus but not a factor. i have yet to go in and sit on them let alone ride them. the only harley i ever rode was a fat boy. i liked it but was not that impressed coming from jap sport bikes. but i am a little older and would like something i can ride more than an hour on with the old lady on back. also she has to be comfortable too.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: cant make up mind

It's been said before but the best way to find out is to rent all 3 then make your choice. My local dealer even has a deal where you can ride up to 3 bikes on one day (8 hrs total, mid-week) for $89. If you can find a similar deal that would be great. All 3 have their good and bad points. Ride all 3 then make your choice. Good luck.

JC

Old 10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
CaptnAl
Road Captain

I have an 05 STD and love it, the street glide is just basically a stripped down lowered model of the STD. The road glide has the frame mounted fairing and take getting used to. I road with a Vetter on one of my previous ride and it was weird at first when the headlight was always in front and not pointing where you were going. You get used to it though. Go sit on and even rent them if you can to help make the choice.

I wnet with the STD so i could add to it what i wanted rather than have the factory set up.

good luck....

Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
bored stiff
6th Gear

yeah but they would frown on letting someone without thier motorcycle license take them out. i have been riding on and off for 10 years and just never went and got it. never got pulled over. but i do plan on getting my temps and then taking the harley safety course after i get it.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can say this the EG passenger seat will be more comfortable then the SG passenger seat. The EG has more chrome then the SG which I'm not into. Definetly look into a backrest for the wife.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'm with kellazo on this: rent all three and then make your choice. Road Glides might be a tad hard to find as they are not as popular as the other models.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:59 PM
mutha
Road Captain

definately rent all 3 but remember that the standard has no radio so if you end up putting one in they nail you........plus the chrome on the sreet glide and road glide is nice........none on the standard

Old 10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
RonnieJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cruise and radio on the Road glide
Radio, hard seat and a short shield on the street glide , no cruise.
EG standard , no radio , no cruise , tall sheild

Old 10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

*****, in your sig, did you mean TRICKED OUT? Or did you convert the RG to a trike? Just curious.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
mutha
Road Captain

nope...converted to a trike.....after the last wreck 2 wheels only on the track....people in cages are dangerous

[IMG]local://upfiles/2551/32B325A794DE4F0C9D6AC9B0A6A089FB.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: cant make up mind