Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wax on, oh shit what a mess it made

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 06:10 AM
HDFRENZY
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

You guys were all worried about the guy in the video? Did you not see the Chupacabra run across the road? They are real and there's the proof.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:03 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,143 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
1. You need to read the OP.
The question is not about protection.

2. Wrong again about "polish"
Many polishes DO PROTECT, far better then wax. IT really depends on the product.
Products such as NU finish do not contain wax, they use polymers instead of wax and why it will outlast most products on the market as far as protection.

3. For the average consumer its a great product, it will clean like a polish and protect better then a plain old wax.

True, in the "professional" product world, polish is typically a buffing compound and doesnt typically protect paint, however consumer products are typically called polish because they contain no wax and use superior bonding polymer compounds which protect far better then wax, since the typical consumer is looking to protect and shine his vehicle and not doing some type of restoration as in the professional product world.

Its why I suggested NU Finish to the OP, its a consumer item that will clean as it has light abrasives in it but not so much as a professional product and would be impossible to screw up with the NU finish and make it worse.
Hey man! 1985 wants their nufinish back. Its 2018 and the detailing world has evolved!
POLISHES DO NOT CONTAIN PROTECTION. If a polish contains protection it is called a All In One. Here is a example. All AIO have very little cut. If you need more cut then you go to a polish. Nothing earth shattering there brother.

BLACKFIRE One Step

Polish, perfect, and protect – in one step!

BLACKFIRE One Step is an all-in-one product that will remove light swirls and paint dullness from your paint while also laying down an intense, high-grade paint sealant onto the surface. A genuine one step product, BLACKFIRE One Step is perfect for professional detailers looking to enhance their service selection, as well as the DIY enthusiast that wants high-performing product that isn’t complicated. BLACKFIRE One Step is here to change the paint perfecting game – and it’s already performing!

Please don't try and compare nufinish with this or any other top tier AIO. If nufinish was any good, detailers would use it at that price point. It would increase their profit margin. So ask yourself why they don't???
There are many others also. I can list them if you like, let me know.

This is 2018. Everything on auto geek, detailed image, detailers domain is available to any consumer. They will ship world wide! They are super easy to use, anybody can use this product or many others! A friend only washed his vehicles, nothing else ever. Had no idea how to do the most simple car maintenance. He bought 3D HD Speed on my suggestion. Him and his 13 yr old daughter did his truck. It can't get much simpler then that.

"Products such as NU finish do not contain wax, they use polymers instead of wax and why it will outlast most products on the market as far as protection."

Out last most products on the market?Come on! You have got to be kidding. I can name 20+ products that will last longer then that crap and that is available to everyone reading this.

If you like it keep using it. Please don't suggest this stuff as a "Good" product for someone to use. It is absolutely with no doubt, bottom of the barrel car care product.

I can't believe I just wasted 8:45 of my life talking about nufinish.

The following 2 users liked this post by eaglefan1:
Ultra_RB (08-20-2018), Veekness (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 07:06 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SgtMic
I'm a fan of Chemical Guys products and 3D. First correcting and then taking care of your paint isn't a 10 minute project. No one product but takes several products and tools.
3D Polish is one of my favorites! Love the stuff. MF wash is very good also. CG, ehh.
Rest of your statement is spot on. Unless you use Nufinish! HAAAAA!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Ultra_RB (08-20-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 09:04 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

For the "common" person, who does not enjoy waxing his bike and does it once a year (possibly longer) and just looking to apply a product to protect the paint without screwing anything up, you will be hard pressed to beat NuFinish.

For all the others, looking for max shine, glossy beautiful finishes, there will be other choices and many debates.

For the OP and his original question, NuFinish would have been a reasonable choice to try to undo what happened to him, again, without screwing anything up.

Last edited by alarmdoug; 08-18-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:20 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,851 Likes on 18,592 Posts

For the "common" person, who does not enjoy waxing his bike and does it once a year (possibly longer) and just looking to apply a product to protect the paint without screwing anything up, you will be hard pressed to beat NuFinish.

For all the others, looking for max shine, glossy beautiful finishes, there will be other choices and many debates.

For the OP and his original question, NuFinish would have been a reasonable choice to try to undo what happened to him, again, without screwing anything up.
Okee Dokee :<(

Old 08-18-2018, 06:40 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

I have to politely disagree the Blackfire product I posted is much better 3D Speed much better.Wolfgang Uber AIO much better. PoorBoys AIO much better. McKees AIO much better. Menzerna AIO 10X better. Those are the only ones I have used. Sonax, I big time player has one that I would bet is really good also. Many many way better products out there brother. Take a look

The following 2 users liked this post by eaglefan1:
Ultra_RB (08-20-2018), Veekness (08-18-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Ultra_RB
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

eaglefan1 ... thanks for sharing your experience, greatly appreciated. Right now I use Meguiar’s Gold Class Carnauba wax every couple of weeks, seems to be a decent product but I'm open to other suggestions should you have any ... I was also thinking of trying the Nanoskin Fine sponge with their Nano Shock product ... any good?

Thanks

Old 08-20-2018, 09:11 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Nano Skin makes very good products. Always good practice to polish after claying, so keep that in mind.

Some guys like to wax their cars/bikes frequently. I used to do it also, nothing wrong with that. Between my regular job, coaching, and my side gig, just don't have time to do that every few weeks.

If your happy with what your using, keep using it. If you want to try something else, nothing wrong with that either. Auto geek have sample bottles of some stuff you could try, like $5 a bottle.

Those $5 bottles could do a bike many times over

The following users liked this post:
Ultra_RB (08-20-2018)