Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

surdyke.com seems to suck

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: surdyke.com seems to suck

One order from them. No problems.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 PM
ninetyfivebravo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you use your credit card to pay for an item you are in control. If you have any problem at all call your credit card company and tell them that you are disputing the charges and want them removed. They will do that and you won't have a problem. Then you will see how fast the company that your ordered from will contact you and try to resolve your displeasure. I always use a credit card so as to protect myself and ensure that I get what I paid for.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Barebackjack
Road Captain

I have ordered from Surdyke many times and have never had a problem. Items that they don't have and get from HD sometimes take several weeks.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
mcFLSTC02
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used them a few times. Never any issues other than not having items in stock. If you are in a hurry they are not the place to shop.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:19 PM
burgies08ultra
Cruiser

i have ordered from them several times with no problems... now i ordered some things for zanotti and i am
getting the same response...no email on the items i did not receive and when i emailed them they told me
two of my items wont be in until 9-15 and 9-22... they are all backlogged from harley.... don b

Old 08-30-2007, 11:00 PM
gregm
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been dealing with them for over a year and yeah, the delivery is is slow, but a 20% discount is worth it. I've always gotten what I paid for, and the items are genuine H-D. They have supplied tracking numbers and have always been up front with me. But if everyone starts buying from them the prices may go up. So if people hear they are hard to deal with, O.K., I maycontinue get the parts cheaper than locally.
Gregm

Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master

Surdyke's own 3 dealerships in the St. Louis area. They own Surdyke's in Festus, and Gateway in St. Louis, Mo, and Dale's HD in Mount Vernon, Ill. I would call all three dealerships until you get an answer. I purchased my bike from Gateway and they are a great group of people to deal with....I am sure they will get it straightened out for you.
b

Old 08-31-2007, 12:58 AM
moofish75
Cruiser

I've used them 3 or 4 times and haven't had any issues. They aren't the fastest people to deal with, but they do let you know when to expect things. Eastern Performance is by far the fastest and most professional parts place i've used for non-hd parts. Surdyke would be the cheapest by a few pennies for hd parts.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used em a few times no problems..Ive also used chicagoHD many times.. The fact uve gotta wait for parts is common for all stealersxxx I mean dealers... but its really the moco's problem..wuth parts delays.
These dealers give us 20% but the parts are not ususally in stock.. All they are doing is taking an order.. (NEVER LAYING OUT THEIR OWN $$$) then forwarding the parts to us when they arrive. Bottom line ... be happy ur saving the 20%!!..My local dealer doesnt even throw in a goddam t shirt when u buy a $20,000 + mcy from them !

Old 08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

With the power of the internet it's very convenient to go to a web site and click the mouse to place an order. It takes a little more time to actually pick up the phone and call.

When I've ordered from Charlie's H-D in W.V., Jenni has told me whether the parts are in stock, when they will ship which is usually the same day and what day I should expect them to arrive. So far, Jenni has never let me down.

I use info from this forum to help me decide where to shop and there are places I've puchased from using their online ordering system and had good luck, such as Eastern Performance.

Quick Reply: surdyke.com seems to suck