Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

surdyke.com seems to suck

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:35 PM
rkcrwlr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: surdyke.com seems to suck

I have used them. Always got my stuff but they are slow to ship.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 PM
texaspirate
Road Captain

I have purchased items from Surdyke several times without any trouble. I have checked their website for "order status" and indicates "warehouse transfer" first then shipped. I have alway got a UPS tracking number from them via e-mail and all my part orders have come within a two week period. Bottom line is a 20% cost reduction for a genuine HD part versus what you pay at the dealer. Cost to me has been better overall and I have saved a lot of cash by dealing with them. They are more web based in dealing with them though!

Old 08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
harleybuilder
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: blackfinbob

Surdyke's own 3 dealerships in the St. Louis area. They own Surdyke's in Festus, and Gateway in St. Louis, Mo, and Dale's HD in Mount Vernon, Ill. I would call all three dealerships until you get an answer. I purchased my bike from Gateway and they are a great group of people to deal with....I am sure they will get it straightened out for you.
b
Why should he call dealers that had nothing to do with the order????? Yes, Gateway and Dale's are both owned by Surdyke's but they are independent dealerships owned by the mother company. They have nothing to do with Surdyke.com

Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
47Norton
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

When you want the 20% off from Surdyke you deal strictly with their online system. I think that's the reason they can do the discount. I recently got a Sundowner seat and some crash bar bags from them. Weren't real quick, but they did answer my e-mails and notify when the stuff shipped. I have no complaints. Plus no tax and cheap shipping as I live right across the river from them. It sure beats driving/riding to the dealer to be told "We don't have that in stock and we will have to order it". Which seems to apply to about every damn thing I ever want. Oh Oh, here I go. They seem to have every bling bling chrome and leather accessory known to man (and dog), but not parts that are actually necessary to make the think function. Who needs a gold plated diamond encrusted skull cover for your brake caliper when you can't get a friggin' throttle cable. OK, I feel better now.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

I've used Surdyke's in the past and had good luck with them. Expect about a two week delay at least. That's the price you pay for their discount. Check out Chicago.com and Zanotti's too.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:31 PM
woodeyewetzel
Tourer

Sammie Ihave ordered alot of things from them with no prpblem. However it does take a long time to get some things. Nest time order from www.chicagoharley.com and get it in three to four days. Call Surdyke store ask for parts and ask them to please connect you to the internet department and they will. You can also buy Motorclothes from Chicago Harley and thet are always 20% off

Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 PM
sammie
Intermediate

waited 24 days for my parts. the web site says wharehouse transfer i finally got hold of shipping dept a surdyke harley. he said the order was cancled because one items was not for sale anymore you would think someone would have told me. (thatreally pissed me off)

Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

I am having an issue with aSurdyke on-line order now. On 8/24 I placed an order for the H-D bag rails, part number 91216-97. When the part arrived the right forward guard was missing and in its place was a left hand side. So I had two left had sides and no right hand side. I contacted there returns department and was given a RMA. I sent the item back and all they did was send it back to me saying the item was compete. They did not seem to notice that the right had guard was not there only that I had 2 guards.

I have been going back and forth with them by email since I can not get any live person to answer the phone number they have on their site.

My next action will be with my credit card company. I would rather they just do the right thing and either give me a refund or send me the correct part.

Needless to say at this point the 20% discount is not worth this trouble.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:25 PM
molsen
Road Master

Used them several times, no issues, normal delivery I guess. Use M&Mcycles alot good poeple to deal with. Still have to wait. Name of the internet game, I'm ok with that.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:27 PM
DADDYO
Cruiser

[8D] Have you tried contacting them at this number 636-931-8700.I've called it before for info on parts before I ordered from them.

Quick Reply: surdyke.com seems to suck