Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

surdyke.com seems to suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: surdyke.com seems to suck

YEAH THERE A LITTLE SLOW BUT THAY ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF MY PROBLEMS!

Old 09-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't recommend Chicago HD anymore. I ordered rear speaker grills on 11 July and they just arrived on 11 Sept. WTF? It also took 3 seperate emails to get a staus.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:12 PM
combat_vet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surdyke status, I finally received a refund after I cancelled the order over 40 days ago.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:55 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

I was finally able to get hold of someone at Surdyke today about the problem with my order. Nice guy and according to him another UPS call tag is on the way to ship my shorted part back and a replacement kit will be shipped to me.

Hopefully this will happen. I will wait a few days and see.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
BUMF
6th Gear

Hey Brother, Let tell ya, I have try to deal with these poeple in the store,The Surdyke's own 3 dealerships. I bought my 08 Electra classic fom the Gateway dealership, and people will do back flips to earn your buss. so try them!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM
rex0350
Advanced

Looks like I should have read this thread before ordering my luggage from Surdyke I need next week. Frustrating becauseI ordered my rack the same day I ordered some stuff from several other companies. Everyone elses stuff got here 3 days ago and Surdyke is still showing "Warehouse Transfer"

Customer Service? No, we'll get to it when we get to it.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:31 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: merlin41

I have had good luck with Surdyke in the past. Most things take 2-3 weeks from when I order. I am having the same issue you describe with Chicago Harley who came highly recommended - it's been almost a month and no emails - just a recording to check your order on the web.
The first time I used Chicago it took a long time. I just placed another order with them on Monday I got my e-mail yesterday that it was shipped.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I won't order from surdyke.com since they also own Gateway HD. I'm afraid they will be as "uninformed" as the parts guy at Gateway. I tried to buy a SE aircleaner kit from them for my '08 and the guy argued that it was the same as all other years, which it is not. After I proved it to him, he said, "Huh, I didn't know that." I wonder how many folks have bought the wrong stuff from them.

Fortunately, my dealer got them in stock the next day and they know what they are talking about.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order with them once and like another poster said they make you think they have this huge inventory. Then the next day I saw that my CC was charged. Then a week later I saw no change in my order status. I then tried to call them and got the message you spoke of. Then I e-mailed them and almost a week after that I was contacted and told it would take another 2-3 weeks for the order to ship. Thats when I told them to stick it in their A$$ and credit my card. I then placed the same order with Zanottis and got it in a week. I will not go back to Surdyke. Had the same prob with chicago HD.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I 've ordered from Surdyke many times and for years, it always takes several weeks to get stuff from them, they don't stock what youorder they get it from Harley then send it to you, it's slow but you save 20%. If you read everything on there sight it says somewhere that there shipping is slow. If you have a problem with them Email them, they do answer Emails.

Quick Reply: surdyke.com seems to suck