Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:25 PM
HDriven
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra

I have one too. I like it. Overall a great idea. The answer is it does work great for the Ultra, especially the Ultra because of the unique way to fill it up. It's not just the spilling, it's the constant clicking of the pump that it helps.

The other answer is no it isn't hard to carry, because it comes with a carry bag that attaches anywhere. Also, it doesn't keep fuel on it, because strangely when gas hits the material this thing is made of, it vaporizes instantly.

cwilks, you are in Missouri, and they may not have those P.I.T.A. nozzles that you need to watch because of the EPA stuff on them. Take a ride outta state and you'll see what we mean.

Quite a simple yet helpful little device.

Kenny D.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Does it fill the tank to the top?

Old 01-20-2008, 03:40 PM
socalmoe
Tourer

Dude either contribute posively or just read and go on, just as you dont have a problem (good for you) others are just merely asking for ideas/suggestions!
ORIGINAL: cwilks

Well as one of the resident "smartass's" the only thing I can say is I have been fueling scooters for over 30 years (Glides for 10 of those and a 06 SG for the last 2) and unless they've changed something in the last 2 I've NEVER had the issues some of you non-smartass types seem to have. I push the nozzle in the little hole and pull the trigger...it stops when its full...no spills...and I cap it and go.....I have NO phuckin idea what the rest of you guys are doing but whatever it is it ain't right [/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
cwilks
Banned

ORIGINAL: socalmoe

Dude either contribute posively or just read and go on, just as you dont have a problem (good for you) others are just merely asking for ideas/suggestions!

[/align]

Dude...............

KISS MY ***
[/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 03:46 PM
socalmoe
Tourer

You can get close to a top off, here in Cali the nozzles shuts off when the fuel reaches a certain level not sure this is an issue else where (EPA stuff). The problem is trying to top off by constantly triggering the nozzle, this causes all kinds of splashing, this device keeps the nozzle tip out of the tank keeping it from shutting off before you get a full tank.
ORIGINAL: bob2002

Old 01-20-2008, 03:50 PM
socalmoe
Tourer

Again, thanks for your well constructed and informative contribution.
I will not entertain your comment at risk of triggering another amazingly well thought reply, nice day genious!

[/align]

Dude...............

KISS MY ***
[/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
cwilks
Banned

Again, thanks for your well constructed and informative contribution.
I will not entertain your comment at risk of triggering another amazingly well thought reply, nice day genious!

[/align]

Dude...............

KISS MY ***
[/align]
Bet your fun to hang with.... I save my elequent reply's for threads that warrant it......certainly NOT for threads where people can't fill their own fuel tanks without spillin **** all over the place.....what's next??? Training wheels??? Oh wait they already have those............and by the way if you want to be taken seriously in this world you might want to learn how to spell.............I'll betcha reply to this....guys like you are EASY & BORING.....I'm going to watch football......cya moron

[/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer

You can get close to a top off, here in Cali the nozzles shuts off when the fuel reaches a certain level not sure this is an issue else where (EPA stuff). The problem is trying to top off by constantly triggering the nozzle, this causes all kinds of splashing, this device keeps the nozzle tip out of the tank keeping it from shutting off before you get a full tank.
ORIGINAL: bob2002

socalmoe,

Thanks for the info.There are some on this thread that I believe don't have a clueabout the postioning of the current filler hole on theUltras and just want to show off their ignorance. It is just not worth the effort to try to educate somepeople because they believe they are better than everyone else and don't want to offer advise to any one that they believe is inferior to there perfection. Just isn't worth getting into it with them. I've learned to just ignore these type of people. Not worth letting them drag down to their level.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:13 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,620 Likes on 2,094 Posts

<------

[/align]

Dude...............

KISS MY ***
[/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
HDriven
Novice

Dang.. Why do blogs nowadays turn so negative.

I guess someday all the positive contributions and ideas will just dry up, because, anyone who doesn't post negativity gets beat up all the time.

Long live Human Ingenuity.

Riding is about community and fun isn't it. How else are we motivated each of us to invest over $20,000 on our rides?

Quick Reply: McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra