Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does youre local harley service department suck

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:07 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: does youre local harley service department suck

Seminole Harley Davidson is tops in my book.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

My purchase dealer was an absolute nightmare. If you live in SW Florida you can figure it out. They are absolutely beyond awful for anything. My bike would always leave with something broke that had nothing to do with the service I had performed. They even put someone elses bags on my bike that were broke. They sold me Rineharts and could never tune the bike properly all while insisting all that was needed was the Harley download - NOT. Thankfully I have moved to an area with much better dealers that know what they are doing

Old 02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am extremely happy with HD of Charlotte, NC.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:29 PM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

The dealer i bought my used 06 from service dept. is worthless, I bought an 06 RK Custom with 2,600 miles on it and the front brakes squeeled below 20mph when stopping, the day i bought the bike i was told that they were wear items and not covered under warranty. At the same time i told them the tank emblem was coming unglued and i was told to bring it back in late spring or early summer and they would reglue it. So i go to a different dealer with a friend who is buying a bike a few weeks ago and i ride in and the service dept mgr hears my brakes so i tell him the story and the next thing i know he takes my bike in the back and fixes the problem under warranty!!!! He brings the bike back out and tells me they will order a new tank emblem and to bring it back when it is a good time for me. This is my new shop!!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my used 1998 Ultra last September from an out of state Dealer and it started out great, turned into a nightmare and sort of leveled off in the end. I got the feeling tattooed bearded folks like me wern't highly regarded or thought to have as much $$ as I did.The fact I was able to complete the deal is only because I had extra $$ and the contract. The salesman I had been dealing with for 9 months was a great guy he really was and up to that point I was pleased.I spoke to him on a Saturday, showed up on that Monday 800-1000 miles later with my trade in, he had vacated the premises? However by time I showed up with my trade in and cash he had vacated the premises and the dealership management wanted to kybosh the original deal. Only one big problem...... I had a signed contract and a receipt for a down payment. So with some give and take, a disaster of epic proportions were avoided. I felt violated as a person. I brought good faith, man of my word stuff to the table. I don't think the deal went thru because they wanted it to. Had it not been for that signed contract I may still be in jail. I was bullshit because I had worked this ****ing deal for 7 months with non stop hurdles and trials and tribulations that go along with trying to private sale a bike. 2 days before I left I experienced mechanical failure on the trailer with no time to repair for the ride. Beat up, slammed and wore out,I showed up only to find out my original salesman had some kind of falling out with his employer. (He had given me his private cell # and we did touch bases afterwards. I have absolutely no bones with him. It was his signed contract that I believe saved the day).

I have almost 40 years riding under my belt and had been dealer shy for 25 years up to that experience. Luckily the dealer about an hour from my house has been above and beyond with me. That would be the Meridith,NH dealer.

With that said I believe no one can do your bike as good as you.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't use them ever.............rather fix it myself and pay for it myself.

Warranty was useless to me..........nothing ever went wrong, and it never held me back from modifying the bike.

Steve

Old 02-04-2008, 08:37 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

suck is an understatement.
If he sucked any more he'd be a black hole!!

Got to be a lot of idiots and warranty work keepinghim in business!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Our dealer sucks except for the service department, those guys really seem to care. I wish the rest of the store would take notice of them.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
iowacruiser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dillon Brothers in Omaha, Ne............... top drawer!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer's service department is top rate. Upfront no BS. They do what they say they will do and I am very satisfied. I am not a wrench so I have to depend on someone else to be straight with me. Mann's HD in Edinburgh Indiana, goes above and beyond. I wish you all had people like them. They expect my money and I expect top rate service. Kind of a even trade I think.

Quick Reply: does youre local harley service department suck