Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now What ? BOTM

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Now What ? BOTM

Now what can I add to my 2007 FLHX ? [sm=feedback.gif]

See Pics, is my BOTM worthy yet ?

Current Parts: 2into1 V&H with Fuel Pak , RK Sundowner Seat with weave, RK Tank Emblem
over 100 HD parts

[IMG]local://upfiles/28599/44B365605D8C419E95559E3832763848.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28599/84A97284EAC24C0D93783AD2C0F0DD8C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28599/3963201176384A4F947DC46585AB0D80.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28599/2824D46206014D4C993DB80C37FF1A55.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28599/87119815ECA34136B397F4D6E890C476.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-17-2008, 12:11 PM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Now What ? BOTM

Nice bike. JMHO, but BOTM needs to be unique, unusual, something you don't see everyday. I wouldn't consider tacking on 100's of HD parts as meeting any of these criteria, but that's just my opinon (and you know what opinons are like.......)

Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
quackhead
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditto

Old 03-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

Double ditto on Evos comment. Yes, it's really nice. However, it should be truly unique. Jest my two pennies though.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

ORIGINAL: EVO80

Nice bike. JMHO, but BOTM needs to be unique, unusual, something you don't see everyday. I wouldn't consider tacking on 100's of HD parts as meeting any of these criteria, but that's just my opinon (and you know what opinons are like.......)
This is just my opinion as well, but I think my RG meets all of your cirteria above: unique, unusual, and something you don't see everyday. That said, I still finished DFL in the January BOTM. I think over the past couple of years the BOTM contest has really stepped up. It's brutal. A lot depends on your competition. The month I ran, every other bike had a custom paint job. The bike that won was a ground up garage build by the owner. Truly an awesome bike. So while I completely agree with EVO80's comment, I think it's all that, and a little more to get over the top.

For me, the bottom line is that you need to be happy with what you are doing with your scoot. Nobody elses opinion really matters. I agree it's a great feeling when someone compliments (or even just comments) on your bike. But as long as you are happy with it, that should be enough.

BTW - Nice bike trackadaptor

Old 03-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

Your bike looks nice, but it is lacking the custom paint job, custom wheels and those thinks that make it look like one-of-a-kind. BOTM is overrated anyhow, you're better off to just go out and enjoy the ride. If you like your bike, that is all that counts anyhow isn't it?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:08 PM
cwilks
Banned

If your adding things JUST to become BOTM worthy my opinion is your wasting your money and time. Make it how YOU want it and screw everyone else...I mean c'mon.....BOTM doesn't PAY anything anyway

Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

ORIGINAL: EVO80

This is just my opinion as well, but I think my RG meets all of your cirteria above: unique, unusual, and something you don't see everyday. That said, I still finished DFL in the January BOTM. I think over the past couple of years the BOTM contest has really stepped up. It's brutal. A lot depends on your competition. The month I ran, every other bike had a custom paint job. The bike that won was a ground up garage build by the owner. Truly an awesome bike. So while I completely agree with EVO80's comment, I think it's all that, and a little more to get over the top.

For me, the bottom line is that you need to be happy with what you are doing with your scoot. Nobody elses opinion really matters. I agree it's a great feeling when someone compliments (or even just comments) on your bike. But as long as you are happy with it, that should be enough.

BTW - Nice bike trackadaptor
I agree and the BOTM, well it truly shows some awesome bikes, I have seen bikes that look, well, just not my taste. That's all it is too. A vote from different types of people. Your bike may be a head turner at every bike gathering you go to, still not a BOTM winner, and vise versa. I often ask peoples opinions on this forum, but when it comes down to it I do what I like and want. I got some crap for my "sticker" flames but I think they look good..

A thing to remember is the votes are not real honest. Don't get me wrong the bikes that win are great bikes but sometimes people just vote for a bagger cause it's a bagger... By looking at the amount of posts on this entire forum, touring has more people = more wins or a better chance of it.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Guilty

Your bike looks nice, but it is lacking the custom paint job, custom wheels and those thinks that make it look like one-of-a-kind. BOTM is overrated anyhow, you're better off to just go out and enjoy the ride. If you like your bike, that is all that counts anyhow isn't it?
I agree. You need custom paint and/or custom wheels to even start setting your ride apart andmake it BOTM worthy.

Last time I checked the BOTM prize money + $3.59 or so will buy you one gallon of 91 octane.

If it's the BOTM in your head than I say F'it and go buy yourself the biggest trophy you can find!

Nice SG.

Primo

Old 03-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

nice bike- but far from BOTM nomination.

Quick Reply: Now What ? BOTM