Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need answers

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 03:21 AM
thebigbuckster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need answers

i have a nighttrain with a stock motor seaircleaner and powercomander bassanni pro streets and im extremely satisfied. however...i just purchased a 06 electra glide standard had them put on semufflers seaircleaner and download..im not impressed... bike stalled on me sitting at a light twice the first day i rode it.the dealer installed the 1450 download should they of installed the 1550 download?

Old 03-01-2006, 05:00 AM
KingTom05
Intermediate
Default RE: i need answers

Looks like they are gonna change out the injectors on the bikes that are running poorly on initial cold starts. See it here:
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hhlair1/M1185.pdf

Old 03-01-2006, 10:11 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it dynoed by an expert!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:35 AM
BladeMan
Tourer

Add a powercammander. If your old powercammander is a PCIII you could add a new download and use it. If it's a PCII it won't work.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: thebigbuckster

i have a nighttrain with a stock motor seaircleaner and powercomander bassanni pro streets and im extremely satisfied. however...i just purchased a 06 electra glide standard had them put on semufflers seaircleaner and download..im not impressed... bike stalled on me sitting at a light twice the first day i rode it.the dealer installed the 1450 download should they of installed the 1550 download?
If they installed the POS HD download then there is no use in wasting your money with a dyno because there are no adjustments. You are running extremely lean. Talk to them about the Harley Bulletin in reference to the SE Injectors being installed on 06's with your problems. Probably the only way you are going to make it run right is to install a SERT or PCIII and have it dyno tuned then so they can make the adjustments that are needed to get your bike to run right. I can't believe there are still dealers out there installing the POS download knowing that it just doens't work.

Take it back and be firm.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

My dealer told me the MOCO instructed them to use the 1550 load. The stageI download does not work.
You would be better off with a PC!!! or SERT for your '06.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Definetly get the injectors changed and then get some type of programmer and dyno tuning after.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:23 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Get it dynoed by an expert!
Why should HE pay to have a brand NEW bike with brand NEW SE parts professionally dyno tuned?

Take it back and tell them to make it right or take it back down to stock and start from there.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:24 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Ditto.
ORIGINAL: terryt1955

ORIGINAL: thebigbuckster

If they installed the POS HD download then there is no use in wasting your money with a dyno because there are no adjustments. You are running extremely lean. Talk to them about the Harley Bulletin in reference to the SE Injectors being installed on 06's with your problems. Probably the only way you are going to make it run right is to install a SERT or PCIII and have it dyno tuned then so they can make the adjustments that are needed to get your bike to run right. I can't believe there are still dealers out there installing the POS download knowing that it just doens't work.

Take it back and be firm.