Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touching my bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 PM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had little kids look at my bike with awe. I ask the mother or father if he would like to sit on it but first I explain that the pipes are hot. I have seen some of the biggest smiles for little kids buy offering first. Some Moms and Dads have gotten some great pictures, And it stopped me from having to tell them to get the F off the bike.....BUT no one else touches it!!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
so165
Tourer

Originally Posted by 120PLUS
GET OVER YOURSELF... it's just a damn motorcycle!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife tells me that all the time, she says everything I do is all about me! I tend to agree with her, and for the record, The guys involved are I guess, friends so to speak. I am not now or have I ever been a big fan of friends, so if I loose them because I tell them like it is then so be it. Also, it is not just a damn motorcycle, it is my motorcycle, and I do not want anyone touching it. Oh yea, for the record everyone standing there was armed, so it would have been a fair fight. lmao

Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have absolutely no issues with friends "touching my handle bars". Yes, get over yourself.

Changing the radio station is even less of a problem since I have MP3's loaded on my Zumo's memory card.

What I DO have a problem with is walking out of a retail establishment and finding some ***-hat new father standing his toddler up on my seat while the little **** drools all over the place, stepping on my tank in the process.

True story. That dude almost got a very painful and valuable life-lesson that day. I think he got the hint from the near-psychotic episode he witnessed as I approached with haste and intent.

3 rules people have to live by:

3) Don't kick my dogs
2) Don't pinch my wife's ***
1) DON'T F*#& with my Harley (unless I know you, trust you, and say it's ok).

Strangers better tread very lightly when touching my stuff. Admiring at arms length (read: without touching) is absolutely permitted, and even appreciated.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian
I'm in England, and have a show winning Road King Classic. Everywhere I go, people take photographs of it. I like the attention my bike gets, because of all the hard work I've put into getting it looking like it does.
I parked it outside a big store one day and when I came out 15 minutes later, there was a huge crowd around my bike.
I pushed through the crowd, and a Japanese tourist was taking photographs of his kids sitting and standing on the seat.
I don't know if he could speak English or not, but he seemed to understand what "f*** off" meant.

Normally when my bike is in a show and someone asks me politely if they can have a photo taken of them on my bike...I let them sit on it if they treat it with resect.
I think I would have offered to take his picture with his children. When he handed over the camera I would have destroyed it. Just me, but I get a mite testy with inconsiderate strangers...........

Old 10-07-2008, 03:26 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by so165
what do ya do when a friend just feels like they can just rest their hand on the handlebars of your bike and lean there and talk to ya? or better yet they turn your radio on without even asking? damn!!!!!!!!
I had both happen yesterday, I told them "I know your my buds and all but if you f$#k with my bike again I will have to shoot ya! they laughed but did not touch it again.
Kill him!

Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by roxnatwist
You guys who don't seem to care if anybody touches your bikes must have a lot of time or a lot of money or both. I work my tail off to be able to afford to ride a Harley. I also spend a lot of time taking care of the nicest thing I have ever owned. I save my money to do the mods I want; I spend my valuable time making sure I take care of it. It took me a long time to be able to afford to ride what I consider to be the best. If I didn't care or just wanted a two-wheeler, I'd be riding a jap bike for half the price. Then, people could touch all they wanted. So, with the effort I put into owning, operating and maintaining my bike, I expect people to keep their freaking hands to themselves.
Bottom line is- LOOK ALL YOU WANT BUT DON"T TOUCH!
By being a DAV on a limited income it took me 15 years to get my Ultra Classic. It is very special to me. I take good care of my bike. The only problem I really have is fingers with rings on my paint or chrome. Life is just too short to worry about the small stuff and it's all small.
As for friends, I do not loan my bike, the only people that rides my bike is myself and my cousin who can get/have anything I own.
Friends are just to special to allow a disagreement over touching my handle bars or radio .
jim

Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GOD! You people kill me! "My buddy touched my handlebars - WAH!!!!" Every time I come on here it gets funnier & funnier! Key word here is BUDDY!

Guess I should've beaten my grandson! His foot's touchin my pipe!

Attached Thumbnails touching my bike!!!!-05-29-08-065.jpg  

Last edited by scootertramp; 10-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:04 PM
RD WOYER
Advanced

I was taught at a young age "Look But DONT Touch"

People these days have no respect for other peoples property , plain and simple .

Old 10-07-2008, 04:45 PM
mykee
6th Gear

Originally Posted by spizzyman
You will get lots of answers But as for me:

None of my friends ride, so they are afraid to touch it.
If they felt free to turn on the radio, when knowing nothing about motorcycles I would let them know that is out of bounds.

But

It is just a machine. It is a machine I love but I would roll it under a train to save my best friend. If he just touches it, I could not care less. If he wants to learn how to ride, we get him a bike and I get a riding partner.

spiz
Absolutely+1!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Most Motorcycles to guys are like Classic Cars at a Car Show and none of those owners want you to put a fingerprint on their cars either. A close friend might be different, within reason but nobody I know likes someone else touching or changing their radio station. I guess it all comes down to the exact circumstances and people. I wouldn't tolerate it from strangers but then you can't expect them to know any better. After all, they probably don't ride. In that case a direct but calm request usually has them pleading ignorance and all is well.

You gotta be careful with those wanting to pose for pictures as I've see that happen innocent enough. problem is, they aren't careful like you and I mounting and dismounting your bike and I've seen that result in unintentional marks and scratches. After you see it happen to another, you learn just to decline anyone getting on.

Quick Reply: touching my bike!!!!