Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Ultra Touring Regal Seat on my Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Mustang Ultra Touring Regal Seat on my Road Glide

Of course we need yet another post on seats! Just like we need more on windshields! And mufflers!

Unsatisfied with the stock seat on my '08 Road Glide, I started experimenting. First, I tried a stock seat from an Ultra Classic. That seat raised me about an inch and moved me forward about an inch, and was much more comfortable than the stock Road Glide seat. But not perfect. It felt a little "boney" during a long day on the road, but was good for a 500 mile day with sufficient stops. My wife enjoyed the extra room on the passenger portion of the seat, but thought that the foam was a bit thin at the end of the day.

So I bought a one-piece Mustang Ultra Touring Regal Seat from a forum member (thanks Ted!), having had great results with a Mustang seat on my Road King. This seat might be THE ONE.

The driver's portion of the seat is about 1/2 inch wider than the stock Ultra seat, and the passenger's portion is about 1/2 inch narrower. That helps the appearance quite a bit, and the buttons look classy.

The nose of the seat is about an inch shorter than the stock Ultra seat. Unfortunately, the Ultra seat left some rub marks on the console that I'll need to try to buff out. The length of the Mustang seat from the tip of the nose to the backrest slot is about two inches shorter than the stock Ultra seat.

Overall positioning of the rider seems to be about the same as the stock Ultra seat, which means that I am higher and more forward than the stock Road Glide seat. That's OK - after a couple of trips I didn't notice it much. That's the price you pay for giving your passenger a larger seating area.

Does this seat make my butt look big?

The Mustang doesn't provide as much lower back support as the stock Ultra seat, but more than the stock Road Glide seat. I think I will end up with a Mustang backrest to provide a little more support for long trips.

I'm eager to put some serious miles on this seat so that it conforms a bit more to my shape. The foam is much denser than the stock seat, and my previous experience with a Mustang seat was that it did a good job of "breaking in" after several hundred miles. But the stitching of the Mustang, vinyl covering, and overall appearance are superior to either of the stock seats. I think it's a "keeper".

Last edited by Pastor John; 11-07-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
dturner
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact one on my o3 RKC. I love it & so does the wife. I also added the rider back rest. The combination is great!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
nolafishr
Banned

I put the same seat on my 08 FLHTC and I Love it, it has the Black/Chrome Studs on it and it accents the Black Bike real nice. My Bike came with the Driver Backrest already.
So far so Good, I am Happy with it.

2008 Electra Glide Classic - Vivid Black

Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

I have the smooth one w/backrest,took a few mile's,but yes,It's a keeper!!