Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Bra

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:49 PM
cigarmutt
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fairing Bra

Thinking about getting the Batwing fairing bra, going to Key West end of the month, anybody have one, any negatives? Worried about it scratching the fairing and ease of installation. Also, thanks for the info on the bag adjustment, got it to work, pretty even now.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:53 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can and eventually will scratch paint. have to keep underneath particularly clean. if paint is already scratch/pitted/whatever then good to cover that up. if paint still looks good then i would not use imho...ride safe

Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
crfranklin65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I'd had one on before a rock chipped the paint on the fairing of my bike. I had less than 2,000 miles on it at the time.

Had paint touched up but denim doesn't touch up very good. I'm not interested in having the entire fairing re-painted yet so I'll probably use the fairing bra to cover it and/or prevent further damage to it.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by cigarmutt
Thinking about getting the Batwing fairing bra, going to Key West end of the month, anybody have one, any negatives? Worried about it scratching the fairing and ease of installation. Also, thanks for the info on the bag adjustment, got it to work, pretty even now.
I have used one and no they do not scratch your fairing, at least mine doesn't. The backing is very soft and the cover goes on very snug & doesn't flap around. I put one on mine for a road trip to Sturgis and was very glad I did. Alot of crap flying around out that way. I waxed the fairing before I put it on and when I took it off after the trip I was amazed, it was still slick as glass. I would recommend using one for a long road trip.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 621 Likes on 386 Posts

I don't like the appearance of a fairing bra. I do, however, use a tank bra on road trips.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
eddieo
Advanced

When I had a black sports car years ago, I had a bra on the front end, and when I did take it off to wash the car every so often, the rain and fine dust/dirt had made it's way underneath and was between the paint and the nice soft backing of the bra........well, it scratched underneath up a bit and discolored the paint, sort of like if you put a cold beer bottle on a nicely finished table without a coaster and it leaves that nasty water ring.

Not to hijack this thread but I have a few questions (to expand on cigarmutt's questions) regarding moisture, from rain, while traveling and having the fairing bra in place. Also, being that it is winter here, no riding to check out other scoots to see what they are running.

1) Can the HD fairing bra be left on in wet weather (then eventually nice weather) without any problems while traveling?
2) How long does it take to put the bra on properly (ie: does it need a lot of adjusting/fine tuning/stretching to get it right)

Thanks,
eddieo

Old 01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

Install time, maybe 2 minuts, no wiggling needed, tight as my pooper in gravel at slow speeds.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:32 PM
nolafishr
Banned

You will be Glad you did add one, I had one on My EGC and I am adding one to My RG as soon as I do the Speaker/Amp Upgrade!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

i was just in the classified section here and someone is selling a fairing bra here ride safe

Old 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Ride2Glide
Novice

I was a little skeptical at first but bought one before I went to Sturgis (a 1200 mile trip) with my new Glide. Before I put it on I washed the fairing, put a coat of glaze on it, and followed up with a good wax. Got back home after almost 3 weeks without taking it off so I was a little apprehensive. After removing it and rewashing the bike there wasn't so much as a hair line scratch on the fairing. Needless to say I've used on several long trips and the fairing looks as good as new. I recommend a good cleaning of the bra to make sure you don't grind in something bad that was caught in the fabric.

Quick Reply: Fairing Bra