Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD leather jackets, are they worth it

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked a a lot of leather jackets and found the HD leather jackets are the best quality I've seen. I'm a firm believer that "You get what you pay for". That's why I own an Ultra Classic.

Attached Thumbnails HD leather jackets, are they worth it-dsc04566r.jpg  
Old 02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just because something is from HD doesn't mean it's a higher quality than what you might find on sale elsewhere. There's a lot of manufacturers than have comparable or better quality for less money. Don't let the HD tag fool you. Buy it because you like the product, and nothing more.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 02-08-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can wait until winter is over and the jackets go on sale. I got mine for $175 I think and it had the price tag on it that said $350. My wife has bought a couple of jackets online, they weren't leather but she did get a good deal.. try ebay, that is where she found the best deals, and they came from HD dealers.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 PM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My FXRG is 8 years old and everything works great. I added a heated vest last year and have ridden in 35 degree weather and stayed warm.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:26 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my jacket its HD i think there good quality. But no way id pay full price. Like others said i watched and waited and local dealer had a 40% off all leather jackets sale mine was Reg $450 bucks hell no. I paid right around $220 for it i can live with that for what i bought.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:34 AM
DMorr99
Road Master

I have an FXRG and have no complaints. It fits perfect and a couple of buddies liked it so much they bought the same jacket.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alot of people will tell you that they(HD) aren't worth the money, but people have been saying that about the bike too for years. lol I'd say if you see a jacket you like and the fit and feel is good for you buy it. Shop around though, alot of online dealers like chicago hd, and the like, have jackets for 20-30% off. Also don't forget about ebay dealers sell them there also. If I can make one suggestion though, got to the dealer and try on a couple of jackets so you know what size suits you best before ordering offline.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 AM
HHI Dave
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Anyway, HD is MUCH more expensive....but I gotta admit, you're mostly paying for the HD logos on it.
That is absolutely true for about 99% of the crap they sell that says "Harley" on it.

But I'll concur with most others here who say that Harley leather really is top quality. Despite the "HD surcharge", you are getting a quality product. My g/f got a nice HD leather riding (not fashion) jacket on closeout back in the fall. If you can catch their sales and closeouts, you can find deals. Also, to restate a previous post, find the item you want, try it on, then find it cheaper on line.

Retail is for suckahs.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same thing - never pay full price. Even though the quality is very often outstanding the asking price is crazy (for this retired oldphart anyway) so we scan the "Clearance" rack and see what's available. If something catches our fancy, fits well, and has turned into a good enough deal, then....

Last edited by RangeRat; 02-09-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Frankie-FLHXI
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found what i wanted at the dealer and then looked for one online until I found it. i got mine on craigs list. 500 or so at the dealer 200 on craigslist.

Men's FXRG® Midweight Leather Jacket

Quick Reply: HD leather jackets, are they worth it