Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD leather jackets, are they worth it

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
DanLPN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD leather jackets, are they worth it

I have been looking around for a new leather jacket that will be comfortable to wear during the summer months. I like the Men's HARLEY 3-in-1 Reflct. ROAD WARRIOR Leather #98138-09VM which is $450. I have had many leather jackets(costing allot less), but not one from HD. Are they really worth the price?

Thanks

Old 02-08-2009, 09:53 PM
jtjt100
Advanced

No. If you want a summer riding jacket look into Icon. They make very lightweight, breathable, great protection jackets. They are a little pricey but very good.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 438 Likes on 180 Posts

Take a look at Fox Creek. Good quality and made in the USA.

Harley leathers made in China.

The following users liked this post:
coltsfan (05-05-2017)
Old 02-08-2009, 10:02 PM
buckwheat
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought an HD Leather "Altitude" jacket last year. I'm somewhat Orangatan-like in my arms, so when I found a XXL Tall, I was pretty happy. The Altitudue is a bit "over the top" Harley - with a HUGE eagle and HD on the back (but it a very cool retro kind of design). I have to say the leather is awesome, the jacket is really, really nice - it fits like a glove and wears like it could last 40 years - I'm not exagerating. Now, I've seen and felt some HD jackets that were nothing speacial, but I'll have this one for many, many, many years to come. I love it!

Make sure you find the size and jacket type you're looking for - try it on in the store, then hunt for it online for cheaper...

Attached Thumbnails HD leather jackets, are they worth it-altitude.jpg  
Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Berndude
Tourer

LA HD is having a sale, was there today, they had a pretty good selection of leather coats @ 40% off, not all of their leather but a decent selection.

A lot of people complain about the HD leather price and manufacture but they are good quality no matter where they are made, and they hold there value unlike most of the others.

I have a Willie G I bought 10 years ago and would not trade it for anything.

Think of it as another piece of Chrome, only this one you can take with you bike after bike!!!

One of the best accessories you can own, it says alot about the person wearing it. Just as the bike says alot about the rider

Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my husband and I started riding in 2001, we went to a leather shop and spent money on leather jackets, chaps and other things. Very high quality and we still have them after years of riding. Made it through many years without having anything leather made by HD. But somehow, 2 years ago, I fell in love with an HD jacket and bought it. Then this year, I fell in love again and bought another one only in a different color. I guess I fall in love alot........with leather you see...

Anyway, HD is MUCH more expensive....but I gotta admit, you're mostly paying for the HD logos on it. Still wanted it though.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
acftdr
Cruiser

They make nice stuff, but do your homework. I have an older FXRG jacket and I already had an aftermarket zipper installed 'cause the original one was crap. I like First Gear jackets. My wife has one as nice as my FXRG and paid a couple hundred less. The armor is heavier as well.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

Well I don't know if anyone has mentioned it to you yet but Leatherup is great and about 1/3rd of the price. I would not trade my jacket or chap for any you can buy at the STEALERSHIP,and I stick by that comment

Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
gliderman
Road Captain

Absolutely nothing H-D makes is "worth" what they charge for it.....

Last edited by gliderman; 02-08-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:30 PM
cap5369
Road Master

I love mine and only paid 230 for it on ebay from a HD dealer in MI. They have the same one at my dealer for 425. You can find really good deals there. Shop around on the net for the one that you want.

Quick Reply: HD leather jackets, are they worth it