Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD leather jackets, are they worth it

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Personally I think the HD products over all are high quality.The problem is were they're made. China. If you have a problem with that then there not for you!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:38 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking to get a new leather jacket a few years ago. Every HD jacket I saw had some (IMO) cheesy Harley Logo/slogon on it. I couldn't bring myself to buy on. Bought on at Fox Creek. I think it better quality and in made un USA not China.

I see Harley also sells coffee. WTF!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:03 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the FXRG at a half price sale and haven't had a problem. I've had it for three years and ride year round, about 15,000 miles a year. Great product, especially at the price I paid.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they are. They come a little high but are made by good contractors with quality materials. If you get one on sale it's even better. I have a Brawler which is made of cloth with armor panels and zip off panels with mesh underneath so it can be worn in hot weather. Believe me, I was hit by a car and found out how much road rash you can get, that is after I woke up. I also have a couple leather Harley jackets. After spending as much as a full size Toyota car for the bike, why wouldn't I buy a decent jacket? I'm proud of how good it looks, too.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:30 AM
quinton
Cruiser

Before you buy take a look at fox leather.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 AM
BIK88CHK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a HD Competition Jacket 3 years ago - I can't break it in. It is like having a cast on. Hard to move around in. Does keep you warm at 32 degrees - but you can't move your head around much to look for on coming cars.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:43 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Harley Jacket I wear in cold weather. It's worth it because I couldn't find any other brand that was heavy enough in woman's jackets. Seems to be an ongoing issue that most woman's gear is still made for looks and not function. I have a lightweight nylon HD jacket I wear when it's just a bit chilly. I don't wear a jacket in the summer when it's hot.

Anyway, my friend bought an ICON perforated leather jacket he wears int he summer. He likes it a lot. The sleeves even zip off in necessary. Looks silly but they do zip off.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox Creek gets my vote. There are other American made jackets out there. But, Fox Creek is good from my experience. What you wear says as much about you as what you ride. If you like patches, you can find a whole rack full at any HD dealer. Then get it sewn on and you can design something thats you, not someone in marketing at HD. Actually there are companies online that sell patches of all sorts. If you can dream it, you can most likely find it or have it made custom for you.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
gobucks
Advanced

No, made in china and you will see 100's of other exact same jackets that you have at bike night or rallies. That said, i have two, a black one i bought in 95 when i bought my fatboy, and a brown one i bought in 03 when i got my roadking. I am over the harley logos screaming out at you. kind of cheezy in my oppinion. My brother got the classic from foxcreek. Much better jacket when we compared them. If you want the logos buy them and have them sewn on. Be creative and unique! (and different). My next jacket will be a langlitz!! My one i bought in 95 shrank some how!!ha ha

Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
slick10
Road Master

I have a Fox Creek leather jacket that is like a second skin. The leather is first rate and the workmanship is top of the line. I wear it year round.

Quick Reply: HD leather jackets, are they worth it