Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD leather jackets, are they worth it

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bloomington g
HD jackets are alright, but I don't desire to be a billboard for HD with logos on all my clothes. Like others have said, take a serious look at Fox Creek before spending the money at the dealer. Fox Creek jackets are high quality, made in the USA, and the company stands behind their product by making sure you are completely satisfied with their products. If you want an HD logo for your jacket, sew on one of the patches sold at the dealer.

While looking at the HD coats, check out the other products in the store: HD has a great line of coffee, popcorn, jerky, pet products, jewlery, home decorations, etc. along with clothing and oh yeah bikes. ;^)

Well put. Fox Creek here also. I especially agree with the billboard statement. I love my bike and am proud to own it, just makes me feel like a rolling commercial. I don't usually wear t-shirts with large prints on them either. Just my personal preference and I don't begrudge anyone who does were an HD jacket. Most of them are pretty sharp. I would ride with ya' regardless of what you wear.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have 3 different HD jackets for different temps. I got all them onsale, on line for 25-35% off sticker price. I just got the HD Camo leather(I think they call it Survailance jacket) and it is so sweet. I have never seen another company with Camo leather.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Harley leather is top quality. If you want a jacket that will last as long as your Harley, spend the money, few ever regret it.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
RoadKingCop
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

As long as its on the discount rack. I don't think I'd pay full price for anything. I did find a jacket that I liked a lot though.

Ben

Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just try to imagine that if you buy an american jacket, you will help employ an american worker, who, being in this country, will spend his/her earnings on some things that are at least sold in the USA. When the **** hits the fan there is a much better chance that that persons son will be in the same foxhole with your son. Communist Red China... say it three times to yourself and tell me you don't get it. There isn't much left to say. They don't want to be friends, they want you to work for them. They will own us if we can't figure this out.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an HD leather jacket and chaps. I love-em. They are perfect. I wouldn't want anything else.

I paid about twice as much as they are really worth. But I like-em!!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
questor
Road Master

Three years ago purchased a Leather Jacket made in Turkey for less than $90. Been through; snow, rain, sleet and dust storms and still looks great.

Agree about foxcreek, have their chaps and top quality.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u can buy a good quality leather jacket and then purchase a HD logo and have it sewed on.. way cheaper... i have a vest made up like that.. but i do have 2 HD leather jackets. one for riding in cold and hot weather.. whats another 400$ when ure scoot is 30k ? i guess its all image...

Old 02-09-2009, 11:18 PM
IRready
Road Master

In my opinion, HD jackets are one of the few thing that really are worth it. Great quality on an item you should not skimp on. The jackets they sell are very good. I have owned two HD jackets and they are absolutely on my "i do not regret buying list".

Old 02-10-2009, 03:34 AM
Big Peter
Road Captain

Really like my Competition 11 jacket.
Got it last year from Chicago HD

Quick Reply: HD leather jackets, are they worth it