Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zummo/bomm/bluetooth questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:47 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zummo/bomm/bluetooth questions

I need a little help from those of you using this interface set up for bluetooth. Any input or advise would be appreciated.

I am looking at the bluethooth interface "BOMM"http://home.comcast.net/~jbissonette1/site/ that works with the Garmin Zummo. I am putting it on my 07 RG that has the HK radio, with the HD intercom system and CB radio. Question I have:

1. Do I have to pull front fairing off of bike to connect the "BOMM"?
2. Does radio have to be on aux to send or recieve calls?
3. Has anyone used any GPS besides the ZUMO Series Garmins. Will any
other bluetooth compatable Garmin work i.e. a Nuvi?
4. I have J&M headsets. I read that some have a problem. Will this keep me
from being able to use this set up?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by DRAFT1; 09-10-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
jackja25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, all of these questions should be directed to James Bissonette. He will answer all questions and not try to get you to purchase and then find out it will not work.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
bissjim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DRAFT1
I need a little help from those of you using this interface set up for bluetooth. Any input or advise would be appreciated.

I am looking at the bluethooth interface "BOMM"http://home.comcast.net/~jbissonette1/site/ that works with the Garmin Zummo. I am putting it on my 07 RG that has the HK radio, with the HD intercom system and CB radio. Question I have:

1. Do I have to pull front fairing off of bike to connect the "BOMM"?
2. Does radio have to be on aux to send or recieve calls?
3. Has anyone used any GPS besides the ZUMO Series Garmins. Will any
other bluetooth compatable Garmin work i.e. a Nuvi?
4. I have J&M headsets. I read that some have a problem. Will this keep me
from being able to use this set up?

Thanks in advance for the help.
I have answered these questions via email but will answer them here also in case someone else has the same question/s.

The front fairing needs to be removed to install the Bomm. I personally don't have to I can and have installed them just by removing the headlight but I know what I am doing and do not recommend it to others.

The radio has to be in the Aux position to hear turn directions, MP3 music files you have loaded in the Zumo or receive or make phone calls.

I have had people buy and use the Bomm on GPS units other then the Zumo 550 or 660 but I personally have not tested the Bomm with any unit other then the Zumo550 and 660 so I can not attest to weather or not it will work with any other model of GPS. This is not to say it won't I just won't guarantee that it will.

There was a problem with an earlier version of the Bomm when it came to functioning properly with some J&M headsets. The new version (as of 9/1/09) no longer has this issue and to the best of my knowledge will work with any manufacture that produces headsets for the Harley.

Last edited by bissjim; 09-10-2009 at 12:53 PM.