Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From my 8yo's writing book while in Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 03:45 PM
troy.j
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHD03
Troy, those trips on the carriers for 6 months gotta be he!! on the family to. By the way, stationed in South Carolina, where you all stationed at? Maybe one day we can meet up on the bikes.

Mac
Actually I would rather be on ship. Our rotation out of Afghanistan has been 6 there and 8 in the states. While we are “home” for 8, we are gone for 2 ½ months on training detachments around the states. This tour has been the hardest on the family.

On the ship I am gone for 6 months, but I am home for 12 months before I go anywhere again. After the one year home there is 6 months of 2 to 4 week dets before another 6 month deployment.

My kids are doing better than I am now. I am still working out all the issues with the wife and getting everything fixed up at the house.

I am stationed in Washington State, Navel Air Station Whidbey Island.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troy, thank you for your service and all you sacrifice. I can't even begin to understand how hard it must be for fathers and mothers deployed. I got out of the Air Force after 12 years in 2005. I have a beautiful 17 month old son now and just can't imagine leaving him. Hell, I feel like crap if I take a quick ride around town. Thats time I could be with my son. Sorry to sound cheezy but I want you to know how much we apprectiate all you sacrafice. Thanks and stay safe!!

Old 12-22-2009, 05:03 AM
MACHD03
Cruiser

Originally Posted by VETERAN75
I am in the guard. spent 6 yrs active, one yr korea, camp stanton 94-95, bragg 95-99, sc guard 02-07 with 1 iraq tour, nc guard 08-current on another iraq tour. I live in SC. Looking to join the reserve unit near Jackson when I finish this guard stint. I live in SC, Lancaster to be exact. Mac where are you at?
Vet
I am in Sumter SC, at Shaw, Not too bad around there, small town, the crime just gets me how bad it is. Suppose to be worse than D.C. per capita.
Keep your head down and return safe.
So how do you like that MCC seat. Going to ride mine up that way and have them do mine. Going to get the Wood TW6-6 Cams done also. Have an 08 Ultra and 03 Heritge.
Take care and again stay safe.

Mac

Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 AM
MACHD03
Cruiser

Originally Posted by troy.j
Actually I would rather be on ship. Our rotation out of Afghanistan has been 6 there and 8 in the states. While we are “home” for 8, we are gone for 2 ½ months on training detachments around the states. This tour has been the hardest on the family.

On the ship I am gone for 6 months, but I am home for 12 months before I go anywhere again. After the one year home there is 6 months of 2 to 4 week dets before another 6 month deployment.

My kids are doing better than I am now. I am still working out all the issues with the wife and getting everything fixed up at the house.

I am stationed in Washington State, Navel Air Station Whidbey Island.
Troy,
Maybe one day me and Vet could ride out that way one of these days. Glad everyone is getting settled back in. Hope all works out with the wife, know how that can be sometimes. Yea I hear that my honey due list is getting pretty long. Guess that is what I will be doing when I get back.
Take care and again hope all works out.

Mac

Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mac
I am not too far from you then. That ride to Troy would be a good one to do. When I get back and settled again we'll have to plan it.
Also, I like my seat. I had the memory foam added, had it lowered and moved fwd a tad since I am vertically challenged. If you go in feb or later let me know. Depending on how you go, you may pass close by me.

Last edited by VETERAN75; 12-22-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

Merry Christmas and stay safe. Say hello to any Crazy Canadian that might be stationed in your vacinity.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:56 PM
HAG11Limited
Cruiser

I would like to thank all of you that are currently serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan for our freedom and right to choose. I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Keep the faith we are behind you guys always.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:25 PM
troy.j
Road Captain

in a year and a half i retire and am plannig a coast to coast round trip from here. I will post up before i hit the road.