Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 RC "mileage/odometer" replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 PM
johnwwwatson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electra Glide wiring diagram

Randy- I PM'd you about my Electra Glide 1970 Owners manual

Old 05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
petom
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 517 Posts

1998 RKC with same problem. Last three digits unreadable, but it seems to have stopped right there for the last 5 or 6 years now. Which means the max error is 99.9 miles out of 45,000+. I use a gps sometimes, so I think I can live with it.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:11 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by johnwwwatson
Randy- I PM'd you about my Electra Glide 1970 Owners manual
thanx very much. PM replied to as well. I hope 70 and 75 are similar electrical wise.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Iktor
Stage I

Hello everyone, I am new member on this site. I have the same problem like most RoadKing riders, my odometer is of half black. I dont want buy a new speedometer, only replace the LCD or find another cheap way... Please help me find a solution. My road king is 1997. Thanks Igor

Old 04-14-2018, 02:21 PM
frankontheriver
Stage II
Default Mileage / Odometer replacement

Hello Fellow Members!
Brand new to the Forum as a member, and wanted to share my solution to a "bleeding" LCD Display on my 1998 Road King! Like so many other posts and endless searches on EBay for a compatible speedo with no luck, I was destined to purchase an alternate replacement which would involve modifications to the existing wiring. While surfing the web for a replacement, I came across a company in California who customizes and repairs gauges, including replacement of LCD Displays! I contacted them by phone, and the owner guided me to instructions on their website for removal, packaging, and an estimate for the repair. I took a chance since I had nothing to loose! Needless to say, I couldn't be happier! Not only did they perform "Lightning Fast" Service and return shipping, but the price was extremely fair! Crystal Clear Display, and the "Original Mileage" remained intact!!! Best part of it all was that I was able to keep my original Speedometer / Odometer as my Bike is completely "stock". I am not sure if it is permitted to provide the name and details of this company on this forum, so feel free to contact me directly for the information. You will not be disappointed!!!
Best,
Frank

Old 04-14-2018, 02:38 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 795 Likes on 606 Posts

4 questions:
1. How did you disconnect your speedometer ? it is hard wired with about 12 wires.
2. How did you reconnect wires?
3. What was the total cost?
4. Who did the work? contact info
The reason for the questions are:
A-The speedometer is difficult to disconnect
B-The LCD display requires a replacement and i am unaware of a source for the LCD display.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:28 PM
frankontheriver
Stage II

1) My 1998 Road King Speedometer wires had factory terminals and bolted connections, as well as a hard wired plug.
2) No splicing of wires were necessary! (Photos and colored electrical tape are priceless)
3) $179.00
4) Eyezon Guages: Fountain Valley, California
They provide removal instructions (printable) on their website
PS: It was returned to me in less tha n 1 week. Crystal Clear Display!!! I cannot say enough about this company!
Awesome to deal with and Great Communication!
Hope this helps!
Best,
Frank

Old 04-15-2018, 09:58 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 795 Likes on 606 Posts

Excellent information.
Thank you

Old 12-21-2019, 07:17 PM
1juan1969
Stage II
Default 1998 softail Springer LCD bad

Originally Posted by frankontheriver
Hello Fellow Members!
Brand new to the Forum as a member, and wanted to share my solution to a "bleeding" LCD Display on my 1998 Road King! Like so many other posts and endless searches on EBay for a compatible speedo with no luck, I was destined to purchase an alternate replacement which would involve modifications to the existing wiring. While surfing the web for a replacement, I came across a company in California who customizes and repairs gauges, including replacement of LCD Displays! I contacted them by phone, and the owner guided me to instructions on their website for removal, packaging, and an estimate for the repair. I took a chance since I had nothing to loose! Needless to say, I couldn't be happier! Not only did they perform "Lightning Fast" Service and return shipping, but the price was extremely fair! Crystal Clear Display, and the "Original Mileage" remained intact!!! Best part of it all was that I was able to keep my original Speedometer / Odometer as my Bike is completely "stock". I am not sure if it is permitted to provide the name and details of this company on this forum, so feel free to contact me directly for the information. You will not be disappointed!!!
Best,
Frank

I need that number to get my LCD replaced please
please supply number to get my LCD replaced

Old 12-21-2019, 07:22 PM
1juan1969
Stage II
Default Bad LCD

Originally Posted by frankontheriver
1) My 1998 Road King Speedometer wires had factory terminals and bolted connections, as well as a hard wired plug.
2) No splicing of wires were necessary! (Photos and colored electrical tape are priceless)
3) $179.00
4) Eyezon Guages: Fountain Valley, California
They provide removal instructions (printable) on their website
PS: It was returned to me in less tha n 1 week. Crystal Clear Display!!! I cannot say enough about this company!
Awesome to deal with and Great Communication!
Hope this helps!
Best,
Frank
great info thanks