Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange fuel pump behavior, Throttle not responding,

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 PM
nocarb
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by trhayes76
UPDATE: Just got the bike back today after having the throttle rewired. Worked fine for about 10 mins. Fueled it up heading to work with it and when I started it after fueling, same thing started happening.

Fuel pump fired before kill switch was on. When cranked, limited throttle response. (I'm starting to wonder of this is the "parade mode"), and the check engine light came on, but when I check for codes, it now says "no rsp" for the P codes...all others are none.

Already called the dealer and am taking it back in tomorrow morning for further troubleshooting. I just wanted to post it here so someone could respond, or someone could search and find this issue later on....thanks
Sounds like it is in "limp mode".

Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

Sounds like you have some serious wiring issues. I can't see how the twist grip sensor would be related to the fuel pump coming on. Yet they are both occuring at the same time. Sounds like there is some chaffed or pinched wires somewhere.

I'd suggest running the wires from the right switch housing and the twist grip back to the ecm and inspect for damage.

Good luck.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I've had alot of problems with the TBW

First took it in and changed the twist grip sensor and induction module did this a couple of times actually The last time they replaced the whole wiring harness and it still throws a code and goes into limp mode.

I feel your pain

I'm sitting here wondering what to do Cause nothing fixes it

How's your bike coming aLONG??

Old 03-01-2010, 05:51 PM
trhayes76
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posting an update from a PM I just sent for all interested parties....thanks

No, the MOCO authorized an ECM fix (some type of rewire), but the parts aren't in yet. Oddly enough, I put my new stage 1 kit (Power commander V) on to see what would happen. It is running fine. Didn't have this on the bike previously.

I will be stripping off the stage 1 and giving the bike to the dealer later this week...sorry for your problems...have your dealer call in the codes (mine are still P1511 and P2101)...I was told mine was covered in dealer "Tech Tip" 418...tech also said something about it being in the archive section on the tech tips...not sure, but MOCO does know about it.