Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building a 7 pin Intercom Headset

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 PM
bowa18
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUZZMAN3367
does DTGIESE sell these if so where can you buy one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110592503002 I bought 2 of these and am extremely happy with how they work. You can use any headset or earbuds you want with this adapter. Highly recommended!!!

Last edited by bowa18; 10-26-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:51 PM
BUZZMAN3367
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you sell these anywhere, if so where can I buy one?

Old 10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Hog Yild
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bowa18
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110592503002 I bought 2 of these and am extremely happy with how they work. You can use any headset or earbuds you want with this adapter. Highly recommended!!!
This is where I bought mine as well.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior

Taggin along.... Good thread!

Old 10-27-2010, 01:59 AM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I to am along for the ride...Nice information...

Old 10-27-2010, 07:46 AM
HDGent
Advanced

Might want to look at using a throat mic instead of an acoustic. I use one on my computer and love it. No background noise at all. I'll have to get one of these adapters and try it on the bike.

I love this product idea!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:35 AM
BladeRun
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks like exactly what I'm looking for. I just bought a Nolan N90 full face for winter/foul weather riding. It would cost an additional $175+ in Nolan NCom parts to get full functionality with the Ultra's intercom/cb etc. With this set-up I could use it both with the full face and my half helmet. Has anyone here used this set-up in a full face? Wondering if the ear buds stick out too far for a full face.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Hog Yild
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDGent
Might want to look at using a throat mic instead of an acoustic. I use one on my computer and love it. No background noise at all. I'll have to get one of these adapters and try it on the bike.

I love this product idea!
Please post what you are using I think that sounds like a great idea.

Originally Posted by BladeRun
This looks like exactly what I'm looking for. I just bought a Nolan N90 full face for winter/foul weather riding. It would cost an additional $175+ in Nolan NCom parts to get full functionality with the Ultra's intercom/cb etc. With this set-up I could use it both with the full face and my half helmet. Has anyone here used this set-up in a full face? Wondering if the ear buds stick out too far for a full face.
I think it's helmet specific, I was using mine last weekend, and it worked and was comfortable, but it was much harder to get my helmet on and off.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:22 PM
HDGent
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hog Yild
Please post what you are using I think that sounds like a great idea.
This is a link...although I got mine cheaper, I just can't recall exactly where.

http://www.clearercom.com/pc_throat_mic.htm

There are others out there too. You just have to make sure they're compatible with a PC microphone connection and not for a 2-way radio.

I don't use the ear bud, I use a good set of headphones for the computer. If the mic works for the bike (and I don't know why it wouldn't), I'll have to get me some decent ear buds or something similar for riding. Ordered a couple of these 7-pin adapters off ebay today. Hopefully they'll be here next week and I can try it all out.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:00 PM
dtgiese
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HDGent
This is a link...although I got mine cheaper, I just can't recall exactly where.

http://www.clearercom.com/pc_throat_mic.htm

There are others out there too. You just have to make sure they're compatible with a PC microphone connection and not for a 2-way radio.
This is interesting, I have not tried the throat mic, I guess you could also use a set of earbuds with it since it has two 1/8" plugs. Think I'll look into it. HD let us know how they work, I'll ship tomorrow, should get them by Saturday.

Last edited by dtgiese; 10-27-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Building a 7 pin Intercom Headset