Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With a Power Commander V with Auto Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Sunglo Cruiser
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem and question with my oil temp and fuel mapping on my '09 Ultra Classic (California) model with catalytic converter. I added a HD oil cooler, and Jamiee sent me a fuel enriching map for the mods made (SE Slip-on with Fulsac baffles, HD Stage 1 A/C), but my oil temp runs at 235-240 in 85 deg at 60 mph. At 30 mph and some stop-and-go, I got up to 281! Think my oil cooler is working, as for it's hot to the touch.

I bought a 49 state head pipe (2-1-2) with out CAT, and planning on swapping out to see if bike runs cooler here in California. Have to send new request to Jamiee for another map that will include new head pipe.

It would be great if I could get the oil temps down into the early 200's.

Any suggestions and/or ideas from anyone with experience with CA bikes and fuel mapping would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Coduckhunter
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

As you all no I uploaded Iclicks ARF tables and road back and for to work for a couple of days. Then I accepted the tables and went on a 275 mile run on Sat. man what a differance 44.68 miles per gal. well now I have set the tuners down to 10% I think I have the milage map now its time to work on the performance map. Wish me luck

Old 05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HD101st
one thing i have realized is the best mpg regulator is your wrist if you crank on it all the time yeah you are going to get crappy gas mileage i found out the hard way when i went from 40 mpg to 25mpg because all that power and you twist a little more then usual i backed off a little bit and mpg went up to 36mpg i can live with that so before we start looking for a mechanical issue try it and see what happens, just my .02
+1!! Recently installed PCV/AT & SE255 cams, first tank fell from 36-38mpg to 27mpg. I'm sure my enthusiasum for the new cams had alot to do with the fall. We'll see after this tank as I'm trying to be good!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Coduckhunter
As you all no I uploaded Iclicks ARF tables and road back and for to work for a couple of days. Then I accepted the tables and went on a 275 mile run on Sat. man what a differance 44.68 miles per gal. well now I have set the tuners down to 10% I think I have the milage map now its time to work on the performance map. Wish me luck
That's good news on the mileage front. That mileage map will not affect performance if you didn't change any AFR values above 20% TP. The only reason you will need richer values is for cooling, although they may also help a bit with low-end throttle response. I haven't noticed any difference when I switch from lean to rich, however, but theoretically a bit richer than the values I'm currently using should help.

If you'll read my write-up on optimizing mileage with AT, note that I have a rich base map that uses lean target AFR values in the cruise range for mileage. Accepting trims using my leaner AFR values will create a lean base-map, and if you want to use a map switch I think it would be counterproductive.

Last edited by iclick; 05-14-2010 at 12:16 AM.