Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel moto power commander install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:35 PM
deepbluerider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought rinehart tru dual a pcIII and a breather kit used and installed the parts downloaded the map pretty easy and I'm not much of a wrench good luck

Old 10-08-2010, 06:11 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Depending what year you also might have to unplug the o-2 sensers, 2009 and prior you unplug and plug in some non-foulers so the computer still thinks they are plugged in and on 2010 and newer you just unplug the o-2's and go. Took me about 8 min's, takes longer to get the seat off and on than it does to plug the pcv in-line to the ecu.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:17 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

One of the easiest performance mods you can do by yourself. It is very easy. Fuel Moto is the only place I would recommend to get it from. Jamie and the staff are top notch.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

What you have to understand is that Fuel-Moto is a performance Dyno shop. There bread a butter is running dyno's on thousands of bikes every year. your local Harley or drag specialties deal may run a couple of hundred ever year.

But, Fuel-Moto has gone 10 steps past that. Teaming up with Power Commander they have run almost every combination of pipe, muffler, air filter and cam there is. They then built a data base of maps for all those combinations. Once past that they design there own product lines and since they know what works and what doesn't they make some of the best performance items on the market.

They probably know what the power commander can and can't do better than Power Commander does.

Now every motorcycle is a little different, two harleys same make and model with the same everything will preform slightly different. While the map might work perfectly for 99% there always 1% that may not perform quit right.

This is another area were Fuel-Moto excels. If you can tell them what it doing or not doing, they can tune that map and e-mail you the change.

And of course the know there bread and butter is customer service and in that area they are unsurpassed.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Rmohd2
Novice

Feul motto and Jamie both great to work with.. Like all others said....

Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,227 Likes on 21,591 Posts

Originally Posted by fulldraw00
i just had a friend take there RKC to a indy and had a power comander installed and dyno..cost them @ 650.00 with a K&W air filter and new plugs..my question is this, can a power commander purchased from fuel motto for @ 260.00 be easly installed and the setting set to run cooler,smoother,less decel popping, by the average person with average mechanical skills..or is this somthing better left to the pros?
thanks in advance

A PC-V costs $300 and some change from F/M.
A stage 1 A/C will cost $125 or so.
So, i'm assumimg that they charged your friend approximately $225 to make him a custom map, plus the install?
That's a fairly good deal.

I don't really think that you really need a custom map though, as you can get a PC-V fully loaded from F/M and skip the dyno...as they have done a lot of research on their dyno for your build as well as mine.

Mine runs fantastic, and I haven't had it dyno-ed and when I put in the cams (TW 6-6 cams) that I have I will run their map that they have already established, and fore-go the dyno then too. Why bother? JMO...

My advice to you is to forget the dyno and put the $ that it would cost for a dyno and put it on some good slip-ons.

In fact F/M has package deals where you can get all 3;
PC-V, A/C and slip-ons for a good deal.
Can't say enough good about F/M!!
Top notch crew!!

Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One more on the pile. Having a dealer install the Fuel Moto PC3 is like having an electrician come to your house and install an extension cord.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:35 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to chime in and repeat all the other posts. Easy install and Fuel Moto rocks!

Old 10-09-2010, 05:48 PM
rdc401
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

what everybody else says, fm

Old 10-11-2010, 04:53 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: fuel moto power commander install?