Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel moto power commander install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

As everyone has already said, adding a PCIII or PCV to most any bike is an effortless plug-and-play operation. I can think of only one that requires some shoehorning for proper fit, the '08 with ABS, but AFAIK all the other applications are straightforward and hassle-free. Furthermore, IMO the PCIII or PCV from FM is the best performance upgrade for the money available, as their maps are generally spot-on, and that saves money by not requiring a dyno-tune.

OTOH if your bike is an '02 or later I would recommend getting a PCV instead of a PCIII, as it is smaller, more advanced with more features, the price difference is negligible, and allows an Auto-Tune upgrade in the future if needed. If you decide on the PCIII, buy the FM tuner instead, as it is identical except for the external pots that allow adjustment without a computer, which IMO are unnecessary for most riders.

Last edited by iclick; 10-12-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:05 PM
BCguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I can think of only one that requires some shoehorning for proper fit, the '08 with ABS,
I've got an '08 with ABS and I gave up trying to get the PCV to fit so it's sitting on a shelf in the garage. There just is no way to cram that damm big-assed connector in front of the battery. I might try again but it just don't fit!

Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Got my PC III from Jamie and could not be happier with it. Like everyone says, plug and play. The best things are that their version of the PC III has no buttons, but saves you a lot over the DynoJet unit, FM's is still made by DynoJet also. If you buy it from FM, they'll extend the warranty for an extra year for peace of mind.

I went the extra mile and mounted the unit to the bottom of the battery tray to get it out of the way. The double sided attachment tape would not stick very well even after cleaning the tray off, so I took a long zip tie through the holes in the battery tray and it's been great ever since. Easy to use and reprogram if you tinker with the exhaust, cams, headwork, etc.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
jsvt184
Tourer

I installed the FM power package about a month ago. The installation is very easy except for finding a good spot for that huge connector. The instructions show it to go in front of the battery. That's the only place it would fit but it took some persuading. It took me much longer to get that connector to fit in there than it did to do the slip ons and the air cleaner installation put together. Still worth doing it yourself. Good luck.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM
mmzullo
Cruiser

On my bike it was a little harder. I have a RK police and have extra wiring harnesses for lights and siren. I unbolted the battery box to snake the wiring. Worked out great. I just have to get a different map. Runs great but has a little decel popping I would like to get ride of.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:48 AM
thecort
Road Captain

Just received the PC-V from Fuel Moto. Still waiting for my PM air filter to come in. Can I still install & run the PC-V before the air filter comes in? I have a 2010 SG with only a V&H Pro Pipe installed. 3,200 miles

Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,137 Likes on 21,563 Posts

I wouldn't know why not...

Old 10-17-2010, 06:28 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Installed it & it ran fine. I did notice a slightly better throttle response. I'm hoping the air filter will give me a little more. We'll see. It's all part of the "master plan".

Old 10-17-2010, 07:21 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Simple install. Takes longer to get the seat off than to plug the PCV in. Comes preloaded from FuelMoto with the map for your setup and you can always get new maps if you change out your pipes or anything else later on.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:09 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed mine.
I told Keith at Fuelmoto what I planned on doing for upgrades such as intake, exhaust, and mufflers.
It came in the mail three days later.
I changed my intake and exhaust, installed the PC-V, put the main fuse back in and the rest is history.
The bike runs like a raped ape !

Quick Reply: fuel moto power commander install?