Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch cable

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:07 AM
2010 ultra man
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default clutch cable

Does anyone make anything that makes operating the clutch easier than stock. I have issues with my left hand. Thank you.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,854 Likes on 2,420 Posts

There are various devices out there that can reduce clutch effort, but a good starting place would be the new low friction Diamondback clutch cable, which is said to give lighter action. I intend fitting one probably over the winter.

Search for 'clutchlite' to see earlier posts on reducing effort.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 AM
TN-Triker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can feel your pain as I am 68 and have some minor arthritus in my hands. My wife also has this problem. I took some steps to improve mine. I talked with a forum member named Hog-Doc. You don't see him on here much anymore, (Don't know why) But he said the cables on newer bikes don't need lubing, but he lubes his because of his hands. He suggested Motion Pro cable lube. Also take the pins out that hold your lever and put a light coat of grease on it. If it's dry, it can make it harder to pull. Other than that make sure your clutch is adjusted correctly. It might just be me, but I think mine improved when I went to Redline Primary oil. Just Saying!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 ultra man
Does anyone make anything that makes operating the clutch easier than stock. I have issues with my left hand. Thank you.
Not to confuse you Ultra Man, That post from Tn-Triker was my reply. She is my better half and was signed in this morning. I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet...lol. Good luck with the clutch cable!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:01 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 09-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TN-Triker
I can feel your pain as I am 68 and have some minor arthritus in my hands. My wife also has this problem. I took some steps to improve mine. I talked with a forum member named Hog-Doc. You don't see him on here much anymore, (Don't know why) But he said the cables on newer bikes don't need lubing, but he lubes his because of his hands. He suggested Motion Pro cable lube. Also take the pins out that hold your lever and put a light coat of grease on it. If it's dry, it can make it harder to pull. Other than that make sure your clutch is adjusted correctly. It might just be me, but I think mine improved when I went to Redline Primary oil. Just Saying!
It's true that the cables on the newer bikes are much better than the older models, as far as pull effort. But I also lube mine once in a while and it does help.

There are options out there and IAMSWUTIAMS posted one of them.

With any of those alternatives, keep in mind your clutch adjustment has to be spot-on. Less room for error.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

There's another one that mounts at the lever, but I can't remember the name of it. A little help please. I need another cup-o-coffee.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ultimate fix is the hydraulic clutch like the CVO's come with. Go grab one of those pricey yes but you will love the thing.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:06 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Here's some good info. It also mention the product that I couldn't remember the other day(AMP EZ pull) https://www.hdforums.com/forum/prima...ll-clutch.html
And it's all right here on the Forum

Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts

Hydraulic clutch! I have a Magura, Performance Machine also makes them, as does HD.

My bike is tricked out with little things that make it easier to ride, and people are always amazed by the hydraulic clutch more than anything else

Quick Reply: clutch cable