Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My seat thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:13 PM
high_iron
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leadman
Damn work computer cut me off. As I was saying I could not be any happier with
my MCC seat mods.Seems like the more I ride it the more comfortable it gets.
I am going to BIKEtoberfest in 2 weeks. i plan to call them when I get back. At that point I will also have my Heritage bars on.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:45 AM
bfrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by TitoFTW
bfrank, How tall are you? I ask because that sensation in your legs you're describing sounds like your knees are too high/too bent, meaning the seat is pushing you too far fwd.
I'm 6'3" and I feel that my knees are bent a little to far. BUT my arms are shorter so I stretch a little with the sundowner to get to the bars. If I could afford it I would put on some pull back bars and I think I would be set. BUT that is expensive so I'm dealing.

Based on your suggestion I will tweak my highway pegs and see if that helps.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:23 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 327 Likes on 223 Posts

Hey bfrank
I changed out my bars to the 2" reach on my '09 Ultra and it really isn't that big of a deal. I am shorter than you by a long way but I needed the bars closer to me, I was getting the pain between my shoulders. About the hardest part of the job for me was getting the screws back into the stereo.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 AM
bfrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by santajim
Hey bfrank
I changed out my bars to the 2" reach on my '09 Ultra and it really isn't that big of a deal. I am shorter than you by a long way but I needed the bars closer to me, I was getting the pain between my shoulders. About the hardest part of the job for me was getting the screws back into the stereo.
Don't you have to change out all the cables?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

to the OP - I am with you - this is one of the most ask questions right next to "what handle bar should I buy".

Its kinda like posting - Hey, I need a girl friend / what should I look for, lol..

We all have very different tastes and what I like you may hate.

I have only been riding since 96 but I am a short rider so NOTHING stock fits me very well. I have found that BOTH the seat and handle bar set up needs to fit the rider. It took me awhile and the handle bars in my garage prove it, lol. Iam lucky enough to live within 90 miles of Corbin in Hollister, CA - they have a 'Ride in appoitment' that cost NO more than buying a seat out of the catalog - you meet with a seat builder and he works on YOUR seat all day until YOU say its Perfect - and this takes Many test rides and talking with the builder Truley a custom seat.
Try and find some one close to you that will spend time with you and work with you in making a seat FIT you - Keep in mind - that seat and handle bar is a set - change the bars and the seat may or may not work. just my thoughts.

A big can look Cool as Hell but if you Ride it for an hour and your body hurts, then that Cool Look is not going to help..

Good luck on your search