Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I or should'nt I

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:43 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats jcr...........not in my budget, tough enough to keep 2 Kings in the stable. I can understand the attraction and each of us does what is right for us, no one else you need to worry about.

Don't be too hard on the yuppies (no, definitely was not one of them) but seems to me they may have been the reason the CVO line-up was expanded to what it is today?

Old 10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
CLYDE60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Enjoy your ride when it comes in, I got mine Aug. 28 no regrets love the color and everything about it It's my 2nd CVO will never go back.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
My father has a 2010 CVO Ultra and it is one fabulous bike. Runs very good, and responds very well to minor performance modifications. When you consider all the extras that come on the SE bikes, they are actually quite the bargain. You cant put everything on a bike that comes on the SE for anywhere close to that figure, plus add on the special CVO paint and the CVO only items.

IMO they only people that complain about CVO bikes are people that can not afford to own one or never will. With the 2011 CVO Ultras limited to 1500 production run will make it one of the rarest CVOs ever.
Strange thing to say,before buying my FLHTCU I considered buying a CVO,wife was good with the whole thing,while checking out the elite chrome "Rumble Collection" accessories used on the CVO line I noted that while the rider and passenger footboards are Made In USA the CVO mirrors and saddle bag latches are 'Made In China'

WTF... I can afford one just fine,but no thanks....not for those kind of bucks with Chinese chrome...Pretty much every part I've changed to on my bike was manufactured in the United States.

Hell I'd say the plain old stock HD's rolling off the assembly line have more USA content in 'em then the ones people try "making their own" with cheap a$$ HD branded after market Chinese junk.

Congrats to anyone that buys one,but they're not my thing

Last edited by Slash; 10-14-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
liftgator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the CVO Ultra was mostly about looks until I rode a new 2011 model last monday. I was wrong! Compared to my stock 2010 Ultra Ltd the CVO felt like a completely different bike. It was much easier to roll into/out of turns and most importantly it felt lighter and easier to handle at slow speeds--even though it's heavier. Of course the 110 was a little stronger than the 103. I can only attribute the better handling to a lower center of gravity (slightly lower and rearward seating position) and slightly taller handlebars. There was also less fork-dive under hard braking and less wind turbulence at highway speeds which is probably due to the seating position. I'm sure there are other factors contributing to the better handling that I'm unaware of.

I never expected the better handling. If a CVO were available to test ride when I purchased the Ltd I might own a CVO now. At this point I'm looking for a comparable seat since you can't buy a CVO seat unless you own a CVO and new handlebars.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Well since were spending your money I say go for it!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:01 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Liftgator, YES you can buy the CVO seat for your bike. When I bought my StreetGlide I wanted all the CVO goodies copied over to my stock model, including the seat. My Dealer had no problem with doing just that. He practically chased me out the door trying to sell me the seat but I decided to go with a new C&C custom seat instead. If you look at my StreetGlide you will see all the CVO accessories except the 110 motor and the oil cooler.