Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I or should'nt I

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:21 AM
jcr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I or should'nt I

Well I purchased a new 2010 Ultra Classic back in Jan. and was happy although within the first week felt that I should have gotten the Limited as it was a better deal to begin with, but figured what the heck you have a nice bike just make it yours.
Then I saw the CVO Ultra Classic and have not been able to shake the feeling that this is me.
I am about ready to pull the trigger on it this weekend. Bike will be in sometime in Nov.
Anyone here have the CVO Ultra Classic? Your thoughts? Any issues with the bike? How does it run in comparrison to say the Limited if anyone knows.
Thanks for your help in advance.
This will be the last bike I ever get (I say that now) so I want to make the right call on this.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Aslan
Road Master

It sounds like you are getting up there in age if you think this may be your last bike.
As a senior citizen myself I say if you can afford the bike buy it and be happy.
You will take a hit on the 2010 but you know that so ride out on the bike of your dreams.
A lot of guys wish they could.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:43 AM
whitetruk
Advanced

bought me a 2011 limited,love it but.......already planning on my 2013 cvo ultra.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:00 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My father has a 2010 CVO Ultra and it is one fabulous bike. Runs very good, and responds very well to minor performance modifications. When you consider all the extras that come on the SE bikes, they are actually quite the bargain. You cant put everything on a bike that comes on the SE for anywhere close to that figure, plus add on the special CVO paint and the CVO only items.

IMO they only people that complain about CVO bikes are people that can not afford to own one or never will. With the 2011 CVO Ultras limited to 1500 production run will make it one of the rarest CVOs ever.

Last edited by 2WheelGlider; 10-08-2010 at 04:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-08-2010, 04:35 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Between the price difference and the hit you're going to take on the trade, you can make your bike much faster and nicer than the CVO. Your money, your decision.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:54 AM
CLYDE60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a 08 ultra CVO loved it no complants just traded it for a 11 got 1500mi on it great bike as stated above the extras make it worth it to me, the guys that tell you to use the money for mods are the same ones that complain that they can't get out of the mods when they trade it in.If you spend all that money on modifying a straight ultra you still have an ultra, the CVO has the mods and is worth more at trade in IMO if you can afford it it's a no brainer.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You only go around once. If you can afford it, I say go for it! I almost pulled the trigger on a 2010 SE SG.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I would have saved money if I had bought a SE to begin with. But when I bought mine they did not make a SE Street Glide.
Buy the CVO and you will be happy for a long time.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The CVO's are thoughtfully engineered and accessorized. As stated previously it would likely be more expensive to build an Ultra to the CVO specs than to purchase one off the showroom. It's your life, your money. If it's affordable to you and truly what you want, why not have it. Good luck, and by the way.................I'm truly envious of you if you do it. Please post your pictures of your new CVO.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:05 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by CLYDE60
the guys that tell you to use the money for mods are the same ones that complain that they can't get out of the mods when they trade it in.
Yep, the CVOs hold their value better than any other Harley.

However, it seems that while I can afford a CVO, my wife can't. I still don't get the math of that.

Beary

Quick Reply: Should I or should'nt I