Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed EZ Off Center Stand this Morning

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 10:51 AM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Installed EZ Off Center Stand this Morning

Got an EZ Off center stand for X-Mas. Installed on my "10" Ultra Classic this morning and it took all of 10 minutes. The hardest part was getting it out of the box because it's packed really well. It requires minimal effort to put it on the center stand while seated on the bike. When on a level surface on the stand, the bike is rock solid and requires considerable effort to push it off the stand if you don't ride it off. I leave the shifter in 1st to prevent accidental roll off but I don't think that's likely to happen even in neutral so I'm not going to buy the velcro front brake locking device. I read some previous comments about the stand bottoming out on speed bumps and sharp turns. After installation, I took the bike to the local park and went over speed bumps faster than I normally would and had no problems with it bottoming out. I did some sharp leaning turns and experienced no rubbing on either side. I carry 39 psi in front tire and 40 psi in the rear, and my suspension is pumped up to 40+ psi. The stand does set a little lower than the frame but after eyeballing it, I think the running boards would contact the ground before the stand with the pressures I'm carrying. I'm very pleased with the stand at this point and think its a great product. My only regret is that I wish I'd known about the 20% discount to forum members before I purchased it.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 136 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mcain49
Got an EZ Off center stand for X-Mas. Installed on my "10" Ultra Classic this morning and it took all of 10 minutes. The hardest part was getting it out of the box because it's packed really well. It requires minimal effort to put it on the center stand while seated on the bike. When on a level surface on the stand, the bike is rock solid and requires considerable effort to push it off the stand if you don't ride it off. I leave the shifter in 1st to prevent accidental roll off but I don't think that's likely to happen even in neutral so I'm not going to buy the velcro front brake locking device. I read some previous comments about the stand bottoming out on speed bumps and sharp turns. After installation, I took the bike to the local park and went over speed bumps faster than I normally would and had no problems with it bottoming out. I did some sharp leaning turns and experienced no rubbing on either side. I carry 39 psi in front tire and 40 psi in the rear, and my suspension is pumped up to 40+ psi. The stand does set a little lower than the frame but after eyeballing it, I think the running boards would contact the ground before the stand with the pressures I'm carrying. I'm very pleased with the stand at this point and think its a great product. My only regret is that I wish I'd known about the 20% discount to forum members before I purchased it.
Thanks for the review. I have talked to Rod also about one but he said he was only doing a 10% discount now. Then I found out my 1000 mile service is going to be $350 so I guess I'll wait until next month. Thanks again for the review, I worried about the speed bump thing.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:11 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I love mine. Only nicked a soeed bump with the wife on. Only rubbed in a turn when I dropped into a dip in the road in mid turn. My experience has been great fo two years.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:57 AM
soulpony
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would the center stand work with an 06 FLHX since the bikes have been lowered?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 AM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine worked great for about 6 months then, for reasons unknown, it became very unstable. I can no longer trust it; even on a level hard surface it will fall off to the side for no reason.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:56 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SA315B
Mine worked great for about 6 months then, for reasons unknown, it became very unstable. I can no longer trust it; even on a level hard surface it will fall off to the side for no reason.
Love mine, no problems at all. Give them a call and tell them about your issues, they are very, very nice people to deal with. Met them at the International Bike show a couple years back.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

One more item for the list...

Wish you guys would stop buying stuff...lol.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:43 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 349 Posts

FWIW, I have one on my '07 Ultra (not lowered). I was concerned that it might make contact with the pavement before the boards did, so I actually laid the bike down, gently, on both sides. The stand did not make contact with the ground at all. Not saying it couldn't under load and the right circumstances, but I was able to rest a little easier.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I've had it on my bike for more than 30k miles, no complaints. It has touched on speed bumps and in a corner but it's a rare occurence. I think it should stock equipment.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:25 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I got one a few months ago and it is probably my favorite add-on. I have never had it hit a speed bump or drag in a turn (I have had my floor board touch). I agree with EricD10563; it should be standard equipment.
Soulpony: They make a specific version for lowered touring bikes; check with them.

Quick Reply: Installed EZ Off Center Stand this Morning