Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US Harley Dealers can't ship to Canada???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a buddy in Canada, he drives across to the United States. He has a address there that he can receive packages.
He buys stuff and has them shipped to his address I think in Upstate N.Y. and goes on the weekend and picks em up.
I've heard about buying stuff in CAnada and how much more expensive they are.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:50 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I will buy NOTHING from the Canadian HD dealers, not even a decal! Ripoffs! I hope Deeley reads this!

Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's too bad (for canadiens) same thing with brp and can-am as well. I really don't get it, why screw over your own people?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I did was just got a US address and they send stuff there. Drive across border pick parts up and come back home. Pay the taxes at the border and your still way ahead in saving $$$$

Old 02-09-2011, 07:38 PM
ThePointman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbs15
Its not the US dealers fault.The main problem is here in Canada, " Deeley". He is the sole Canadian distributer and HD instructs all US Dealers that they cannot sell to the Canadian Market. It is the same with new bikes also. They CAN'T sell anything new to us. but they can sell us used bikes or parts.
I wasn't blaming the US dealers.

Sure I could have someone else get it for me and ship it but the question is why should I have to? I can understand that the volume in Canada is lower so the prices have to be a bit higher but then Deeley adds on their markup which means that parts are 50-100% more than what Zanotti charges? Somethings just not right here... My back pocket feels little like that bank commercial, you know, the hand in your pocket one.

For all you that say "well then don't own a Harley" I say this isn't about choice it's about being ripped off when the prices should be closer to par. Did you know Deely owns competing HD dealerships with the other Canadian dealers while also supplying them their product?

For other HD riders sake I hope they don't have this stupid arrangement with all the other countries.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole Deeley set up is outrageous...I can't believe they are allowed to have a strangle hold monopoly on the market like that! Luckily I live close to the border and can just scoot down and get stuff from a mailbox there...

Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a mailing address in Point Roberts for items shipped North for stuff I may need right away!
I am also fortunate enough to have family friends 30 minutes South of the Peace Arch Border crossing for items of less urgent nature.
It is all about protectionism of dealerships and distributorship of Deeley's Canada
Where there is a will there is a way.
Ride Safe.
Rob

Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 AM
bigcletus
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried Lakeshore HD?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

To the OP, not sure where in Canada you are, but if you're near the border, you can get a US shipping address this way :

https://www.kinek.com/kpointC/DepotS...derSearch=true

They are the best- costs you between $5-$8 per box to pick up- no start up cost, no monthly fees, and you can use them once, or a 1000 times- doesn't matter.

Too bad about Zanotti's- I ordered my Tour Pak and accessories from them last year, and we rode down and installed it on the bike, stayed overnight in Butler, and came back. Saved a bundle.

Sadly if they are saying it is now HD policy, then for sure all the other discount dealers will also have no choice but to do the same.

Last edited by North Star; 02-10-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:30 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh one other suggestion- if you find the other 20% off HD dealers won't ship to us as well, then try directharleyparts.com- I just ordered a Windvest windshield, Monkey bars, and a couple HD parts (plugs and wires). They weren't 20% off the HD parts, but gave a bit of a discount, and since they're not a dealer, they don't have to follow the crazy new rules like the dealerships apparently do.

Quick Reply: US Harley Dealers can't ship to Canada???