Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US Harley Dealers can't ship to Canada???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 05:02 PM
ThePointman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default US Harley Dealers can't ship to Canada???

Tried to buy parts from Zanotti's HD due to the markup in Canada thanks to Deeley Canada's monopoly. Couldn't add a Canadian address to ship to. I sent an email to Zanotti's to find out why.

Here is the reply I got back:

Hi,
We are sorry to say that with the recent policies handed down by HD we are no longer doing International sales/shipments. This includes Canada.

WTF? I mean no insult to my US brothers but the Canadian dollar is above US and on a 38.00 part at Zanotti's the same part in Canada is $80.00??? This is seriously out of line...

Old 02-09-2011, 05:05 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

get somebody down here to buy it and ship to you ????

Old 02-09-2011, 05:07 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

Try another dealer just to see. try lakehsore.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:18 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh no,say it isn't so.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's odd. I ordered a service manual from Zanotti's last week. They must have changed their policy recently. (Canada Price for the service manual: $140).

Also, check ebay. There are a lot of dealers on there that would probably ship to you/sell through ebay.

I don't buy anything at the dealer if I can help it. I'd love to support them, but as long as Deeley is marking everything up 150%, I can't justify it.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:21 PM
bbs15
Club Member

Its not the US dealers fault.The main problem is here in Canada, " Deeley". He is the sole Canadian distributer and HD instructs all US Dealers that they cannot sell to the Canadian Market. It is the same with new bikes also. They CAN'T sell anything new to us. but they can sell us used bikes or parts.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:29 PM
bigdady
Tourer

hell let me know and i will pick it up for you and ship it up there just pay me back

i have a dealer right down the street

Originally Posted by ThePointman
Tried to buy parts from Zanotti's HD due to the markup in Canada thanks to Deeley Canada's monopoly. Couldn't add a Canadian address to ship to. I sent an email to Zanotti's to find out why.

Here is the reply I got back:

Hi,
We are sorry to say that with the recent policies handed down by HD we are no longer doing International sales/shipments. This includes Canada.

WTF? I mean no insult to my US brothers but the Canadian dollar is above US and on a 38.00 part at Zanotti's the same part in Canada is $80.00??? This is seriously out of line...

Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
3itodd
Tourer

why dont you get a truck and trailer go buy it and bring it back.. thats what a guy did when I sold him a screamin eagle fat boy..

Old 02-09-2011, 05:37 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ribaldmanikin
That's odd. I ordered a service manual from Zanotti's last week. They must have changed their policy recently. (Canada Price for the service manual: $140).

Also, check ebay. There are a lot of dealers on there that would probably ship to you/sell through ebay.

I don't buy anything at the dealer if I can help it. I'd love to support them, but as long as Deeley is marking everything up 150%, I can't justify it.
Wow,what service manual cost $140?I've bought a few in the last couple yrs and they were only $90 up here,but I picked them up in NH for $48.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

www.adventureharley.com out of Ohio does international sales. Add 12off to the coupon box at checkout for a 12% discount.

Quick Reply: US Harley Dealers can't ship to Canada???