Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about TSM removal/Installed Factory alarm TSM

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
EE_Bean_Goh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about TSM removal/Installed Factory alarm TSM

Greetings everyone!!! I'm hoping that someone can chime in if there is anything additional I need to do besides having the dealer program the fob for me.....

I have a 2011 SG that did not come with the factory alarm. I purchased the HD alarm unit and all in all it took no more than 10 minutes to install the new TSM. The next thing I did was the Setting TSM and ECM password. So, engine fires up stays running and all the electrical, turn signals, brake lights and all lights on the dash seem to be operating normal.

This is where I'm not quite sure what to do next, but the manual says that once I'm done with the password learn procedure to continue with all instructions under 7.43 H-DSSS actuation?
I'm not quite sure what H-DSSS is? Also, Can I match the FOB myself or is this required to also be done at the dealer?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Only the dealer can activate the newer proximity type fobs so yes you need to go to a dealer to get it done.
The older push button fobs could be assigned manually.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 PM
EE_Bean_Goh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yip I confirmed it they finally found out how to drag you into the service department. Well at least I got the TPM/alarm and siren installed which only took 5 minutes to install once you get the side panels off. Hopefully that saved me a few dollars and just need them to program the fob now.

Originally Posted by scotty3
Only the dealer can activate the newer proximity type fobs so yes you need to go to a dealer to get it done.
The older push button fobs could be assigned manually.