Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Headpipe | To Ceramic Coat or Not??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
cyclescoot
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Headpipe | To Ceramic Coat or Not??

Putting an order in for the Headpipe in the next day or so. Already running the Jackpot 4" DynoTuned Muffs.

Those that have it...is it worth the additional fee and shipping time to get the ceramic coated version or is the regular stainless version sufficient? Removing the cat alone will be a great improvement. Does the coating add that much of a difference.

Talk to me...

Sc.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have on order since the last week of May, a Stage One with Jackpot Ceramic coated head pipes.

After talking with Jamie and his recommendation of the ceramic ones, that lower the temps MANY degrees (I forget the exact number or percentage), it was a no-brainer for me to order them.

Was just informed the other day that the pipes and shipment won't be ready till the 20th of July. Sure, I'd rather have 'em last week!

Just goes to show you that many others are ordering the ceramic pipes and there's a backlog on 'em.

I'll have patience and wait.

Good luck on your decision.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Chief40al
Road Captain

Worth the wait???

Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 AM
mmeddle1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't give you the exact numbers of temp reduction over the non-coated version, but I'll tell you that my right side is no warmer than my left side with the new ceramic head pipe on my 2010 Ultra Limited. I just got back from a 10 day trip from Houston to Deal's Gap and back. The heat from the right side exhaust was not a factor at any time and there were some pretty hot days during that trip. I am very happy with the ceramic head pipe and would recommend it highly.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:37 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Get the ceramic, you won't be disappointed

Old 06-30-2011, 09:17 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain

I have no regrets ...

Old 06-30-2011, 09:17 PM
finallygotone!
Intermediate

I have the ceramic coated and love them. Noticeable difference in heat!

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

non ceramic here and heat is not an issue.....

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Not FuelMoto, but I had my stock 09 FLHX exhaust ceramic coated locally in NE & definitely much cooler...you wouldn't think, but the stuff really works. Cost was $160 and if you didn't want to wait - look in yellow pages for coater & have it done...might reduce your FuelMoto wait time...??

Old 06-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Bagger Bleu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the non-ceramic coated stainless steel headpipe and am loving it. already had the Jackpot mufflers, Power Commander V, stage I a/c set-up. The headpipe addition really made a differance in seat of the pants performance. According to Keith, the ceramic coating offers a 30 degree drop in temp. I'm sure the coated version would be nice but not having the cat there really drops the temp without the extra cost of the coating. If $ is no issue than by all means go with the ceramic. I'm happy with what I have. BTW the stainless pipe at 4 lbs is 1/2 the weight of the stock pipe. It also really wakes up the rather sedate Jackpot mufflers. Still not loud but have a rather nice bark, especially when I roll on the go juice.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Headpipe | To Ceramic Coat or Not??