Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Map Analysis Made Easy

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV Map Analysis Made Easy

Everyone else may already know this, but I just figured it out today. You can select the entire map in the PCV software and copy it. You can then paste the data into Excel, or any other spreadsheet program. I put together a spreadsheet and copied in several of the maps I have, including a few from the Dynojet web site. You can then create any tables you want to subtract one map from another, which lets you see the exact differences between each one at the same time. You can also compare the differences between cylinders. If you use this information to make a change to one of the tables, you can then copy and past it back into the PCV software. I am not reccomending this for everyone, but if you have a little knowledge of Excel, and are interested in what is going on in these magic tables, it is very easy to do.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:00 PM
borncountry
Advanced

dude - I just had the same revelation last weekend. I copied and pasted into excel and a comparison analysis. My first map was a custom map from Dr. Dyno, which i compared to multiple maps on Dynojet. I found it very interesting that Fuelmoto has very low digits for all their maps...it seemed to be very unique. Anyhow, I added fuel to my rpm range between 3500 and 4500 at 40 to 80 % throttle position. I pasted the map into PCV and send to bike. I think it worked tough..but I need to get a dyno read. it was a lot of fun

Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I need to pick up a little bit on Excel if it will make map making easier. any good tips?
Can I ask you guy's if you have your accelerator pump on and what are the settings, revolutions amount of fuel? Have you messed with the timings tables?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
davehtutk
Cruiser

OK sorry for my ignorance but how do you get your map off the PCV and on to the computer

Old 09-27-2011, 09:39 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a post on here that is a great map compare tool if you do a search you should fine it. It is in boxnet because you cannot attach a excel document on here. It would let you put in two maps and it is a conditioned format spread sheet to show you the cells that changed and by how much.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:08 PM
beansSG
Tourer

Anyone know if that would work for open office? Being it's free compared excel.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Not knocking anything you guys are doing, but,

All I gotta say is thank God for Fuel Moto, tell em what ya got and they send you the tuner pre-loaded with the correct map.

Load it and ride.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Cruiser

You need to download the Power Commander software from the Dynojet website and load it on your computer. Once you have it, you just run a USB cable from the computer to the PCV and click the "Get Map" button. You can copy and paste the data into any spreadsheet software. I agree 100% that FuelMoto maps are excellent, and their customer service is top notch. I also really like that Jamie reads this forum and provides his opinion on the discussions. I just wanted to see how different all the maps really are. When I had my bike the dyno, the tech said it was pretty good, but there were still a few areas in the 14.7AFR range that he was going to richen up. When I did my own analysis, I could see exactly where those areas were. To answer another question, my timing is advanced by 3* at 80%, and 4* at 100% throttle in top half of the RPM ranges. I am not using the accelerator pump.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by beansSG
Anyone know if that would work for open office? Being it's free compared excel.
Yes, the same thing would work. OpenOffice/OpenLibre are functionally equivalent to Excel. The main differences are that some of the charting functions, some of the macros, and the VBA stuff doesn't work.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:25 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can not take credit for this cause I didn't write the spread sheet but I did get it off the forums so I will post it here for all. It is set up to paste 2 maps in and it will highlight the differences in the maps for you to see quickly.

Use and modify to your needs. If your are the author of this then Thanks for sharing.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Map Compare Tool.zip (7.9 KB, 65 views)