Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Longer Kick Stand for Street Glide***

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 PM
kungfupanda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ***Longer Kick Stand for Street Glide***

I would like to know if anyone out there carries a longer, stronger, and stable kick stand for the street glide. I put a 23 inch wheel and 18 inch on the back and it leans alot. I would like a longer kick stand to make the bike stand straighter. I have been told that the stock kick stand are one of the strongest and best kick stands you can get, but it there anyone out there that has changed their kickstand? Please post your pics.

Thank you.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I can't believe it either but nobody makes a longer one.
I always wanted a longer one when I had a 21" front wheel.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 PM
kungfupanda
Cruiser

Or maybe had added a bracket or piece of metal to the stock kick stand to make the bike straighter. I mean I know you need the lean so your bike wont fall over, but mine leans so much it takes more room in my garage. Especially when I park by other bikes, when there is virtually no more bike parking...

Old 10-06-2011, 05:19 AM
blockzilla
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if no one makes a longer one you may just have to break out the welder and make it longer yourself, or carry a puck of the desired height to put the stand on when you park it ...Not alot of options...

Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you thought about installing a center stand?

Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 AM
fjoh
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
Default HOw about spacers?

I have had issues w/ lean angle w/ the stock kickstand when I lowered my bike. I understand your issue is opposite of what I had, mine: not enough lean, yours: too much lean.

After trying to grind the bracket and all, it still didn't give me enough lean (especially after lowering the front.) So I just got some washers (one thick, the other 1/2 as thick) and placed them between the bracket and frame.
It took care of my problem. Only cost me like less than a $1.00!! I should've tried the "WASHER FIX" first.....

Anyway, I suppose you can just put the washers in opposite of how I put it to have less lean. The thick one on the top mounting, the less thick one in the middle/ rear.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:57 PM
my1sthog
Road Master

You can buy a wheel chock that will keep your bike up straight while in the garage

Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fjoh
I have had issues w/ lean angle w/ the stock kickstand when I lowered my bike. I understand your issue is opposite of what I had, mine: not enough lean, yours: too much lean.

After trying to grind the bracket and all, it still didn't give me enough lean (especially after lowering the front.) So I just got some washers (one thick, the other 1/2 as thick) and placed them between the bracket and frame.
It took care of my problem. Only cost me like less than a $1.00!! I should've tried the "WASHER FIX" first.....

Anyway, I suppose you can just put the washers in opposite of how I put it to have less lean. The thick one on the top mounting, the less thick one in the middle/ rear.

Hope this helps!
We had the same problem. I lowered my front 2" and rear 1" it was to vertical with practically no lean. I waited for about 45 days to get a shorter one from Arlen Ness $79 and it still was to straight up. I put washers behind the bracket like you and i have no more problem.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fjoh

Hope this helps!
Don't mean to hijack this thread. But I'm in the same situation as you, lowered front and rear, plus bolted in a pad onto the kickstand. Now I have to be careful even parking next to a curb. Can you tell me what size washers you use and where do you place them at? I appreciate it.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/4 life crisis
Don't mean to hijack this thread. But I'm in the same situation as you, lowered front and rear, plus bolted in a pad onto the kickstand. Now I have to be careful even parking next to a curb. Can you tell me what size washers you use and where do you place them at? I appreciate it.
I have an 09 Street Glide and i put the washers behind the bolts that hold the mounting bracket to the frame. If i remember correct only two bolts were involved. i first put two washers behind then another, making a total of three behind the two bolts. I din't see it necessary to use longer bolts but i did use lock tight on the bolt threads. Hope this helps.

Ride safe