Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhausts for Road King

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 05:41 PM
chunkbear
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhausts for Road King

I have a new FLHRI. I want to replace the exhaust/mufflers so that I get that "Harley" sound. Performance is not important. Has anybody got any ideas or recommendations. I had screaming eagle mufflers on an 883 sportster but I thought that they were too loud and became oppresive on a run. Something that gives me about threequarters of what the screaning eagles gave me would be fine.

Thanks.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 337 Posts
Default RE: Exhausts for Road King

Sorry, can't help. I've always went with the Vance and Hines, but they are louder than SE's.

Old 12-21-2004, 03:16 PM
chunkbear
1st Gear

Thanks Joe I was considering some Hooker exhausts you or anybody else got any views on these.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Bubs true dual system is nice, but It all depends on what mufflers you use. I would recommend a system with removable baffles in that you can re-pack or pack them tighter to change the output noise. You might want to try a local bike night and listen to other bikes to give you a better 'real life' opinion.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Slade
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: chunkbear

I have a new FLHRI. I want to replace the exhaust/mufflers so that I get that "Harley" sound. Performance is not important. Has anybody got any ideas or recommendations. I had screaming eagle mufflers on an 883 sportster but I thought that they were too loud and became oppresive on a run. Something that gives me about threequarters of what the screaning eagles gave me would be fine.

Thanks.
Hookers sound good but I've heard of problems with the chrome finish down the road. If you get a chance, check out Wild Pig Pipes. They are loud but the great thing about them is the price. About $200 for new set and around $150 on ebay. If you where a full face, they may be too loud as the full face ampliphies sound somehow. Check them out at: http://www.commercemarketplace.com/p...lers/home.html

Old 01-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Scorpion
6th Gear

Well, I've got the Hooker slip-ons and they are attached onto true dual Bassani headers. These are a bit loud to say the least, but can be nice rumble at lower rpms. If you want the potato-potato sound this is definetily it. If you do not run true dual, then you'll get an annoying popping sound from the left side. Also, if you put a cam in then it gets very loud if you grab a handfull, but sounds very nice in cruise mode. The other plus is that you don't have to romove them to get the rear tire off like many other slip-on. As far as workmanship, I've found none better. I've got some hard long miles on these and the chrome looks just like the day I bought them. No yellow, purple or otherwise. Hope this helps.
Scorpion

Old 01-13-2005, 01:19 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the SE's on my Electra Glide, and I don't think their too loud. Best bet would be to take a listen to some other bikes...

Mac