Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost of gear cam upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 AM
angelrod
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John Dude
This was my first post and reading of this website. A lot and I mean A LOT of ****** in here. As I read other areas of the forums, I see many smartass answers to serious questions. Wanna be bad asses with no courtesy or brains.
that's why we're here For You

Old 04-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John Dude

I said I'd post my bill and I did.
I questioned him about the costs and he stood by his charges, guaranteed all work done and told me if I have ANY issues within the next year concerning any work he did, bring it in and he'll check it out and make it right. (even an oil seep)
I do feel he is a stand up shop and he hasn't stayed in business for 30 years by pushing shotty jobs out the back door. My bike sounds and runs awesome and best of all, this shop is 3/4 of a mile from my house.
I was thinking about this too so this thread put it in perspective for me. I am like you when it comes to price quotes... some of these quotes seem awfully high and ya want to believe it can be done cheaper. The thing is, it usually can be done cheaper.. but cheaper isn't always the way to go. After your parts breakdown, you might wonder what things others reuse to be cheaper, and maybe they can be reused... but getting something new and possibly made better or more capable of handling the upgrade is worth it. More importantly, when you see a guy that has been in business for a long time, and you have heard about a great reputation, that itself can be worth the extra. Like you said.. he didn't get to where he is with shotty work. Does that mean he should charge double what others do.. no, but look at what some HD shops charge and we hear the horror stories from many of those places. I think you are lucky to have a great wrench, do a great job that he stands behind with a reputation that can put your mind at ease. Now go ride it like ya stole it! LOL