Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many trailer rather than ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Rody62
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ride

I use to trailer when I got the wife her first bike, but that didnt last long.
Now we ride everywhere, no matter the distance.. Sold the trailer

Old 02-12-2012, 08:45 PM
KYFATBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since my wife started riding if we go more than a couple hundred miles we will trailer them down due to the fact she isnt comfortable riding the interstates that far yet.. Put her on back roads for a couple hundred miles and she wouldnt have any problems...

Old 02-12-2012, 08:55 PM
2011_Glide
Cruiser

I have never understood trailering a bagger. I was riding to Daytona on my Night Train and passed alot of baggers on trailers. It is about 11-12 hours for me to get there, but I still rode. Only stopped for gas and that is when I used the bathroom too. The bad thing, is some of those baggers that were on trailers were either from North Carolina also or closer. Why have a baggers to trailer. If you can't ride that far, stop for a few hours or the night. Everyone is different I do understand that. I guess that is when the money comes into play here also. For some, it isn't about the ride anymore. More about showing off a TRAILER QUEEN.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 PM
cantonrider
Club Member

OK....I've done both......but started trailering when I got my 2004 Heritage......I then bought a 2006 FLHTCUSE and trailered it to Denver from Atlanta where I met my riding buddies and we went to Sturgis one year and Jackson Hole the nexst year. After I traded in the FHLTCUSE and got my 2010 Street Glide, I quit using the trailer.

For our trip to Vegas this summer, I'm riding out.....the wife is flying out....and when we're done in Vegas she will fly home and I'll be in for a great ride home.

Another topic that someone mentioned is riding with a group. I don't mind it for short rides (from Deadwood to Sturgis to Mt. Rushmore) but on longer rides, I like to go solo. No chase truck. Nothing I can't carry on my bike. The exception with this summer when I went to Sturgis, then on to Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, Minnesota, etc I shipped a set of clean clothes to my hotel in Hardin, MT, then shipped my dirty clothes back home.

I ride because I want to ride. If I felt a need to tow, I've got a trailer that I haven't used in over a year. So....if you tow, more power to you.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not going to say never trailer, just going to say not right now. I've had a couple 500 + mile days. No problem. Wife riding with me to daytona this year. We'll see how she does.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Furthest ride I have done was 1700 miles each way to Sturgis and back.. Did it in three days there.. Four days back, hotel one night, friends house one night, camping the rest of the trip, out for two weeks including our stay in Sturgis. 500-600 miles a day is no big deal if you setup your suspension / bars / highway pegs right.

I am considering the trip to Milwaukee for the 110th next year.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have ridden from NY to Key West, NY to Strugis, NY to Canada. I have nothing to prove anymore. If I have TIME and the WEATHER is good I ride, otherwise I will trailer thru the night. Riding in rain or cold is no fun. 5 to 600 is max for me per day. To be honest 400 to 450 is real nice, the last 50 or 60 always to me is the longest. I enjoy planning out stops/ hotels and getting there thinking I could have gone longer rather than pulling in sore and beat. Just my 2 cents. Be Safe JIM

Old 02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Ricky06Roadking
Cruiser

This is rich. 5 pages of testosterone trying to show how big my dick is.

As a simple technical question about a seat fitment issue and get one response.

Go figure.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Fathertime500
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is getting way too cool for us trailer people. Maybe I will quit my job so I'll have plenty of time to ride or dump the wife so I don't have to hear her complain after 300 miles. Yeah and forget the kids! That's it....sell the trailer, quit my job, divorce the wife, get on welfare, pick up my food stamps, and also, find a trailer to live "in", not my bike to be pulled "on". At least I will look real cool like you guys.........thanks. FT

Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain

Pussies....Excuses,excuses.

Quick Reply: How many trailer rather than ride