Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM
glidestang
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the front and rear LEDs along with the complete plug and play unit and during installation one of the wires broke on one of the rear turn signals. Instead of packaging them and returning for a refund, I tried to fix it and screwed it up even more. I took the other one apart to see where my mistake was and like a dummy I messed it up too. I called them up and they told me to return them and they will fix them under warranty. It took only 3 days for me to recieve my repaired LEDs. I installed them and I'm a happy customer. They have outstanding customer service.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM
redeye93
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Great product and great company...pleasure to deal with. Put the turns on my RGC with Magic strobe for the rear lights and load stabilizer. This is my second set. I had the one for my SG, but unfortunately they didn't fit the CVO plug (it has 8 pins). Sold them to a buddy and got the ones I needed and they came fast!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 PM
mnclassic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the R/T/B LED conversion on my Yamaha and will definitley be doing that conversion on my Electra Glide soon. Agreed. Pricey but well worth it. All of their LED boards come with a life time guarentee.

Last edited by mnclassic; 09-20-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the turn signals front and rear, their Gen 2 taillight and Back off module. Love the stuff. I had the turns on my nightster which needed them more than the SG did. You can tell the back of my bike from anyone else that I ride with. Since I added the HD LED headlight now I get complaints when they ride in front or behind me because the lights are so bright.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Wv7o
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I highly recommend them, I swapped bikes with a friend of mine this summer on a ride and could not believe just how much of difference they make compared to the stock bulbs.

Add the magic strobe and it just makes it that much better.

For my 2010 street glide these are the parts I got along with prices,

GEN200-Kit-1157

Bullet Style Complete LED Turn Signal Conversion Kit- 1157 comes with 6 Pin Standard 2010-2012 Street Glide / Road Glide Signal Stabilizer (GEN-HD-SS6) also comes with lenses for all for corners you choose color for front and rear. (original ones fit with no mods)

$199.95 Qualifies for free shipping

Magic-Strobes-SS6

$49.95

total $249.90 everything is plug and play

Last edited by Wv7o; 09-21-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 AM
xjayx
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on my softail and my street glide, love there products. I have dynamic rings on the front of both bikes and red tail light clusters on my softail. they are super bright.

Jay

Old 09-21-2012, 05:18 AM
brewdog
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the rears on my Ultra with the flasher module. Work great, very bright and are highly visible.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Great company/products, but I'm staying "neutral" on the support for now. I added Plasma Rods to my 09 FLHX and identified a problem w/their wiring plug-n-play wiring harness. Sent e-mail & got the textbook "thanks, we'll look into that" then nothing. Not looking for handouts, but maybe a "thanks & here's a discount code for your next purchase" or "appreciate it and we'll send out a replacement for your defect." Would've been nice gesture for the frustration & time took troubleshooting their error. Oh well, here's what mine looks like on bike:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-part-1-a.html

Old 09-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Great company/products, but I'm staying "neutral" on the support for now. I added Plasma Rods to my 09 FLHX and identified a problem w/their wiring plug-n-play wiring harness. Sent e-mail & got the textbook "thanks, we'll look into that" then nothing. Not looking for handouts, but maybe a "thanks & here's a discount code for your next purchase" or "appreciate it and we'll send out a replacement for your defect." Would've been nice gesture for the frustration & time took troubleshooting their error. Oh well, here's what mine looks like on bike:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-part-1-a.html

Sometimes a phone call is much better than an e-mail. They do have a toll free number. Not saying the results would have been much different. But you never know.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:15 AM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Sent e-mail & got the textbook "thanks, we'll look into that" then nothing.
Concur with the "call them" recommendation, which goes for most customer service issues with any firm. At a minimum, a follow-up Email to your first would have been a good idea before putting them on probation.

I had a pair of bad "white" turn single circles where 9 LEDs went out about 4 months after I bought the lights from Custom Dynamics at Panama City Bike week in Sept '11. Sent an Email, but also followed up on the phone. At their request, I sent them a photo of the cluster with the burned-out elements and they sent out a new one under warranty that arrived in a couple days. Very nice folks who were easy to deal with in the customer support side.

The second circle of the original pair finally started to lose LEDs in April. Since we were headed back to Panama City for Bike Week in May, I just dropped in with my receipt in hand and they replaced it on the spot. Again, the folks manning their truck & display booth were as nice and accommodating as could be.

The gentleman who I believe plays a pretty significant role in developing the specs and sourcing the LEDs noted that the lights I had ran extremely hot for some reason and noted that they had done a redesign to address that.

I went ahead a bought a set of amber circles to replace the white ones while I was there -- I found that amber is just more noticable in daylight and doesn't seem to "dazzle" at night -- and haven't been using the "new" white circles, so I can't speak to their long-term reliability. However, the amber ones on front are just fine and I've never had any issues with the red circles I've been running on the back for about a year now.

If you buy from them at a bike week event they'll install everything while you wait and do any trouble-shooting to make sure everything works correctly.

Again, like everyone else, the products are great; no doubt about it. But the people and their support is definitely top shelf IF you reach out and make contact.

Email is not the end-all when working through support issues. Phone calls ALWAYS work better.

Last edited by FXD_TG; 09-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics