Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crank position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
EdandGrace
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default crank position sensor

Got the 13 SG back from the dealer after 1000 mi service. Was installng new mufflers and noticed the wire/connector from the crank position sensor hanging down below the oil cooler. I plugged the connector into a hole in the frame but still seems to stick down a bit. Where is that connector supposed to be? Doesn't seem right and is bugging me. Too cold and snowy to take it back to the dealer. Thanks. Pictures?

Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by EdandGrace
Got the 13 SG back from the dealer after 1000 mi service. Was installng new mufflers and noticed the wire/connector from the crank position sensor hanging down below the oil cooler. I plugged the connector into a hole in the frame but still seems to stick down a bit. Where is that connector supposed to be? Doesn't seem right and is bugging me. Too cold and snowy to take it back to the dealer. Thanks. Pictures?
Mine was hanging down some also. There should be a flat metal area between the down tubes right where the connector is. Push it into the recess on the metal plate so its parallel and zip tie the wire to the other wires that are running down the right side of the down tube (if that makes sense) so it stays in place.

Make sure the connector is parallel, use some dielectric grease inside the connector and you should never have to worry about getting water in it. Water gets in, bike will not start. Ask me how I know.....

Last edited by HDV-GLIDE; 02-24-2013 at 08:03 PM.