Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Pix
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 134 Posts

If you leave the Slime in there it will corrode, but if you just use it as an emergency and change out the tube in the next day or so it will be fine.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 795 Likes on 606 Posts

For tubeless: i carry a larger bottle of the green slime stuff.
For tubed:I carry the rubber strips that are pushed in with the tool.
For air:http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcyc...cles/air-pump/
For power: Most folks forget that you have 12 volts + from the bolt on the starter and that ground is any clean metal..muffler clamp, engine guard bolt etc.
I have rescued myself and others on motorcycles just using the compressor repeatedly until safety/shop was reached.
I have rescued others on motorcycles just using the rubber strips and compressor.
I have rescued bicyclist in the middle of nowhere with the slime and compressor.
The slime just slows the air leak by clogging the hole...it will not help in a tear.
As an experiment i have left slime in a cup open to air to dry over several weeks and returned to find little bits that looked like torn wet kitchen paper towel.
All of the above would be considered temporary.
A while back there was a forum member that tested ride on or some seal & go product at a shop just before a tire change with success.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
RCVANDAL
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a Stop N Go kit. Looks like a nice small complete kit that will live in the bottom of my Saddle bags and hope to never need.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 795 Likes on 606 Posts

Link to forum member ride-on self test.
Short version...good but need air source.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/produ...sealant-2.html

Old 09-19-2014, 09:43 PM
jjr60616
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flat Tire Update

Originally Posted by honestbob
Dyna beads will help handling with a flat rear tire? Hmmmmmmm!
Honest, Bob,
(Sorry, couldn't resist

Sorry about the long time to answer, I don't hang out all that much in the summer, usually more in winter, while doing maintenance and upgrades off-season.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I had a completely different experience when I caught a flat at highways speeds before on another touring bike a few years ago...was doing 70+ and as the rear tire deflated, there was a point where the rear damm near "wobbled" off out from under me...and that was going straight on the interstate.

Only difference here was this time, instead of a Dunlop I was running Michelin Commander II's and the Dynabeads. And I first noticed the wobble when I was changing lanes, kind of more on the edge of the sidewall, rather than straight. And slowed down (to 50) and made it another 6 miles to the shop. By the time I got there it was almost flat, was doing 25 or so...but it was still moving.

So I'd have to give some credit to the stiffer sidewalls on the Michelins, and as far as the higher speeds, got to throw some love to the DynaBeads. Which I'm still running. Did 110mph or so on the way back from Sturgis for almost 90 miles, and still smooth as glass on a 50% tread tire.