Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW Super Saver vs. Rinehats

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ctd
I have V&H true duals on my 2010 103, and it was LOUD with rineharts...but doing some reading, it seems everything is louder on true duals (is that true?)

Timmy, did you have the KW SS on true duals, or stock head pipes?
on both bikes? or different headpies on each bike?
we need details!!

we have the KW SS on my buddies 2013 103, stock headpipes, and they sound good & mellow.

No, I had bought the 2010 limited and added the jack pot ceramic headers and the KW SS, It sounded pretty good and at 3000 rpm the sound was not there. I did not mind that, since I added a killer stereo system and wanted to hear it. But, there was a fine line on the KW's when it came to the 6th gear. if it was not at 3000 in 6th it was super loud. so I rode the line.
Then I bought a 2004 road king for around the town and chits anfd giggles, when I bought I added right a way dealer install the V&H headers and pipes, not true duals, with a down load and haeavy breather. It sounded way beter than the limited and at highway sppeds she was quiet. I wanted the same for my limited; around the town nasty and at highway speeds not so nasty, so I swaped them out.
Now my RKC sounds killer with the KW's that have about 10,000 miles on them and my limited sounds like a ***** with about 2000 miles on them. I thought the monster rounds would have made the JP headers sound even better, I was wrong. I guess time and miles will tell. hope that helps; I'm 10 beers into a a 12 pack. ride safe!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The Rinehart 4" with V&H power duals grate on my nerves after an hour or so. I'm gonna try to put them on my catted pipes (other bike) and see if they are better. Wondering if putting stock pipes on a catless header will sound better than stock header.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm taking a chance on the KW's. Ordered the short straight cuts. Should sound pretty good with the early model catless header. Price is right and I could not find a negative comment about them as far as sound or quality. And I can recoup some of my money by selling the wild pigs that are on there now. I really wanted Rineharts but after having the 4" I knew I could ot steel for the 3.5". And the 4" were way out of my budget.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:40 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only thing I dont like about the straight cuts with rolled edges, is that there is no place for the condensation to drain out, I am gonna drill a small drain hole to fix that when I get back from sucking sand. 15 DAYS!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Deckman
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Clubber
The Rinehart 4" with V&H power duals grate on my nerves after an hour or so. I'm gonna try to put them on my catted pipes (other bike) and see if they are better. Wondering if putting stock pipes on a catless header will sound better than stock header.
I had the same experience with my 3.5 Rineharts with true duals. I added Big City Thunder QQ Baffles in the head pipes and keeping the Rinehart baffles installed. together the sound level decreased and now have a little more power on the low end. They sound great now and I can run all day without my head getting beat to death.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by my67pnycar
The only thing I dont like about the straight cuts with rolled edges, is that there is no place for the condensation to drain out, I am gonna drill a small drain hole to fix that when I get back from sucking sand. 15 DAYS!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Good to know. Not gonna drill but I am gonna make a conscious effort to wipe the inside edge after riding and they cool down.

But in reality would it not be the same with the slash cut?? Condensation building up on the bottom???