Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW Super Saver vs. Rinehats

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default KW Super Saver vs. Rinehats

Always loved the sound of Rineharts. Especially the 4". But they are out of my budget. I was looking through some Youtube videos played through my audio system for better sound and the Super Savers seem to have that same deep thump. Anyone had a chance to compare the two. Not looking for loud. Just like that deep bass thump that the Rineharts give. At idle and cruise with a nice sound when you twist the wick. End caps don't mean all that much to me and that is where you start adding extra coin. Just want a good deep sound that doesn't drone at cruise speeds.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:46 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

the Klockwerks Super Savers are quite...they sound good, you can TELL it's a harley.

but they are pretty mellow.

we had stock pipes & SE pipes, and the KW SS sound better than either of these.

if you really want to put some miles on it, go with the KW SS.

if you want LOUD...go with the rinehart. your wife won't like the rineharts, but she will like the KW SS

Old 08-16-2013, 05:40 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

THE KW super savers will get louder over time, I switched them out from my limited to my road king and the road king is way louder with them and the limited to my surprize was quieter with the V&H Monstah rounds, strange but true after about 5,000 miles they get louder. hopeing the same will happen with the V&H. RIde safe.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:09 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rineharts don't he a deep sound at all, it's got a high pitch compared to some exhausts.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My Rineharts sound good and deep. I bought them on eBay, brand new for $495 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130968699771

Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by vegashd
Rineharts don't he a deep sound at all, it's got a high pitch compared to some exhausts.

Really you think??? I always considered Rineharts as having a deep thump to them. A sound you can feel as much as hear. Like a bass drum kick.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 04ctd
the Klockwerks Super Savers are quite...they sound good, you can TELL it's a harley.

but they are pretty mellow.

we had stock pipes & SE pipes, and the KW SS sound better than either of these.

if you really want to put some miles on it, go with the KW SS.

if you want LOUD...go with the rinehart. your wife won't like the rineharts, but she will like the KW SS

I have never really considered Rineharts loud. Very deep but not loud. I had the 3.5" on a 96" and the 4" on a 103" with the cat. A buddy currently has the 3.5 on his catted 103".

I don't need loud but want to be heard if you twist the wick. Like to get the attention of someone not paying attention. And something that sound good on acceleration but are mellow enough not to drone at cruise speeds. Would you say the SS's have that deep thump of the Rineharts??? That is my biggest concern. Don't want raspy, tinny, hollow or overly loud.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by vegashd
No way,maybe the 3.5" are a little raspy,but the 4" have a great deep tone IMO.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a set of 4in SS on my limited. They are low idling, mellow at crusing and they are loud when you get into it. My wife says she can hear me over a mile away when I leave to go somewhere. I have not heard rineharts so I cant compare it to them but I like my klock werks. They are good for the money they cost. If you want them louder they have a removeable baffle you can leave out or drill bigger holes in,lol...

Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
THE KW super savers will get louder over time, I switched them out from my limited to my road king and the road king is way louder with them and the limited to my surprize was quieter with the V&H Monstah rounds, strange but true after about 5,000 miles they get louder. hopeing the same will happen with the V&H. RIde safe.
I have V&H true duals on my 2010 103, and it was LOUD with rineharts...but doing some reading, it seems everything is louder on true duals (is that true?)

Timmy, did you have the KW SS on true duals, or stock head pipes?
on both bikes? or different headpies on each bike?
we need details!!

we have the KW SS on my buddies 2013 103, stock headpipes, and they sound good & mellow.

Quick Reply: KW Super Saver vs. Rinehats